Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Two exec commands in one shell script? Post 303030533 by RudiC on Tuesday 12th of February 2019 11:57:24 AM
Old 02-12-2019
What's your OS and shell versions?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec. commands in python

How would i do if i'd want to execute a command in a python script or programme ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why can't embed commands like fg or bg in a shell script ?

Hi Can someone explain in an easy way that why can't embed commands like fg or bg in a shell script ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run two commands from a exec call in a c program

Hi, I have to run two commands one after another from a c program. How can i do this with exec system calls. i tried giving them as argument to execv but it is not working.please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Variables Inquiry, Values Okay in Standalone Exec, No-Show in Cron Exec

I have the following bash script lines in a file named test.sh. #!/bin/bash # # Write Date to cron.log # echo "Begin SSI Load $(date +%d%b%y_%T)" # # Get the latest rates file for processing. # d=$(ls -tr /rms/data/ssi | grep -v "processed" | tail -n 1) filename=$d export filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginowms
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find -exec with multiple commands :(-

Hi all, Am wanting to do a ls -l of the files and do a cat of it at the same time, ideally, I am hoping that the following work but obvisouly it is not working to what I am wanting it to ... hu hu hu :wall: find . -name "BACKUP_TIMESTAMP.log" -exec "ls -l basename {} ; cat {}" \; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run 2 exec commands

I have to create two instances of jBoss 5.1.0 GA. In order to do that I have to execute the following in start-jboss.sh: find . -exec /opt/novell/idm/jboss/bin/run.sh -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-01 -c IDMProv -b 0.0.0.0 \; -exec /opt/novell/idm/jboss/bin/run.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joydeep Ghosh
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)