Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LM 19.1 from pendrive
Operating Systems Linux LM 19.1 from pendrive Post 303030505 by Neo on Tuesday 12th of February 2019 05:11:30 AM
Old 02-12-2019
All USB based "pen drive" systems can be very slow but you can improve performance a bit by buying a much faster and better performing USB stick.

I have built these systems using both USB sticks and flash memory card and in each case I eventually abandoned the idea.

Even booting from a high quality external SSD can be slower than I prefer but that is what I use for emergencies.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

4. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus, in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ). Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue. regards, Sanjay :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

6. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies
CD-DRIVE(1)							   User Commands						       CD-DRIVE(1)

NAME
cd-drive - manual page for cd-drive version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu SYNOPSIS
cd-drive OPTION... Shows CD-ROM drive characteristics. DESCRIPTION
-d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL -i, --cdrom-device[=DEVICE] show only info about CD-ROM device -q, --quiet Don't produce warning output -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein rocky@gnu.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/scd0 SEE ALSO
cd-info(1) for information about the CD inside a CD-ROM. cd-drive version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu October 2011 CD-DRIVE(1)