Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print 2 matching pattern
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Print 2 matching pattern Post 303030486 by bobbygsk on Monday 11th of February 2019 04:53:28 PM
Old 02-11-2019
Thank you - vgersh99, Scrutinizer, bakunin

Earlier I had to do it in 4-5 steps. Now I can do it in 1 easy step, thanks to you all

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching and print with sed

Hi It is possible with sed to print a pattern within a line matching regexp? So, the line looks like : 19:00:00 blablablabla jobid 2345 <2> the regexp is "jobid 2345" and the pattern is 56434. That the code for find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in Duplicated file and print once

Dear Experts, I have many alarms appeared in a file twice, i want to grep them with this info EVTTIME & DOMAIN, and print them in second file with 1 occurance. I have tried uniq -d test.txt > newfile and awk '!arr++' test.txt > newfile both are not working Please help me with this!!! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print block of lines matching a pattern

Hi :), I am using the script to search "MYPATTERN" in MYFILE and print that block of lines containing the pattern starting with HEADER upto FOOTER. But my problem is that at some occurrence my footer is different e.g. ";". How to modify the script so that MYPATTERN between HEADER and different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanand420
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to print next 3 lines after pattern matching.

Dear Experts, I have file called file1 in which i am greping a pattern after that i want to next 3 lines when that pattern is matched. Ex:- file1 USA UK India Africa Hello Asia Europe Australia Hello Peter Robert Jo i want to next 3 lines after matching Hello... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script on pattern matching and print lines and export to excel

Hi Friends, I am working on a script.. Looking forward for your expert help..... My requirement is: I have a text file where, need to search equip * RTF or end of line with RTF ,once this pattern is found then print 2nd line, 6th line, 7th line to a different file. For Ex: equip 1... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
34 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed print matching pattern

Hi, i have data file like: START1 a b STOP c d START2 e STOP f START3 g STOP When one of the START<count> variable is passed, i should print all lines matching this until the first 'STOP' for example if 'START2' is provided for match, i should get the result as: START2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print all the lines after pattern matching?

I have a file that contains... Number -------------------- 1 2 3 4 i want to print all the numbers after the hyphen ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching pattern in two files and print the line

Hi, I want to match the pattern in file1 with file2 and print the value in file2 and paste in file1 file1: ISHO RT SR Major 96.46778 Drop Call Rate CS Critical 0.5072662 ISHO RT SR Major 97.754364... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalil
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to print out lines with a matching pattern from file

Hi all, I want to search for strings in file1 that can be found in file2 and print out the whole line when matching pattern is found. I have used the below command, but this is not working for me, because it is writing out only the matching patterns from file2, not the whole line. fgrep -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MonikaB
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after matching two pattern

would like to print everything after matching two patterns AAA and BBB. output : CCC ZZZ sample data : AAA BBB CCC ZZZ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
4 Replies
sasl_server_step(10 July 2001)											    sasl_server_step(10 July 2001)

NAME
sasl_server_step - Perform a step in the authentication negotiation SYNOPSIS
#include <sasl/sasl.h> int sasl_server_step(sasl_conn_t *conn, const char *clientin, unsigned clientinlen, const char ** serverout, unsigned * serveroutlen); DESCRIPTION
sasl_server_step() performs a step in the authentication negotiation. It returns SASL_OK if the whole negotiation is successful and SASL_CONTINUE if this step is ok but at least one more step is needed. conn is the SASL connection context clientin is the data given by the client (decoded if the protocol encodes requests sent over the wire) clientinlen is the length of cli- entin serverout and serveroutlen are set by the library and should be sent to the client. RETURN VALUE
sasl_server_step returns an integer which corresponds to one of the SASL error codes. SASL_CONTINUE indicates success and that there are more steps needed in the authentication. SASL_OK indicates that the authentication is complete. All other return codes indicate errors and should either be handled or the authentication session should be quit. CONFORMING TO
RFC 2222 SEE ALSO
sasl(3), sasl_errors(3), sasl_server_init(3), sasl_server_new(3), sasl_server_start(3) SASL man pages SASL sasl_server_step(10 July 2001)