Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to send mail from non-global zone Post 303030468 by samthewildone on Monday 11th of February 2019 08:14:18 AM
Old 02-11-2019
[FIXED]

Long story short, there was a entry in the /etc/hosts file which shouldn't have been there. Removed it, restarted sendmail service and retested, systems sends mail out.

The entry needed to be removed in the hosts file was;

'hostname . '
This User Gave Thanks to samthewildone For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to send mail?

i am trying to execute the below script for sending mails from unix MAIL1="xyz@yahoo.com" mailx -s "hi" $MAIL1<message.txt if then echo "failure" else echo "success" fi but iam unable to send this eventhough iam getting success in the output if i logout and login i have a "you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
1 Replies

2. AIX

unable to send mail

hi, I have tried this code to send mail.Its not giving me error but I am not receiving mail also. #!/bin/ksh echo "The first mail" >msg cnt=`cat /dir1/msg | wc -l` if then mail -s "Hello" abc.xyz@domain.com < msg fi I have also tried with the command mailx -s "hello"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send a mail

Hi, I have been trying to send a mail from a remote site using this script To send the mail: #!/bin/ksh MAILTO="abc@xyz.com" BACKUPDIR="/wls_domains/wli81_1/RHTEAM/OUTPUTBACKUP/" #BACKUPDIR="../OUTPUTBACKUP/" while ; do print $1 uuencode $1 $1 | mail $MAILTO ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monicaminj2000
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to send mail

Hey guys i got this error my logs - I ping 127.0.0.1 and it says that its alive - I checked sendmail and it is running - I tried to send a test email but nothing happens it seems that it hangs - What is the possible cause of this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to send mail

hi all i got two server, mercury and procyon mercury can send email but procyon cannot below is their syslog mercury: Jul 6 13:17:17 mercury sendmail: n665HGXg006886: to =<leecw@domain.com>, ctladdr=<ora10g@mercury.domain.com> (4001/101), d elay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
7 Replies

6. Solaris

[b]How to mount a folder from global zone to non global zone??

Hi All There is one folder in global zone I just want to share the same folder innon global zone. How can i do it? pls send me script for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to access serial port from non-global solaris zone on netra 240

I am trying to use a serial communications device that is connected to /dev/ttyb on a netra 240 server. This is a solaris zone configuration using solaris 10 0910. I am able to access /dev/ttyb from the global zone but not throught he non-global zone. I have enabled all of the tty devices in my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: disagreeable
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail

Hi friends I am trying to send mail through a unix server. I am using following command mailx -s "THIS IS TEST" jhon@gmail.com Whenever i am typing the above command it is going to next line when i press @ on unix server prompt. so it is taking this command as following mailx -s "THIS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send mail with 'mail' command

I am unable to cause the 'mail' command to send mail from my linux ubuntu 15.10 computer. File 'mail.log' typically reports Connection timed out. I issue the command: mail -s "my subject" recipient@domain.com < filenamewhere filename is a file containing my message. Specifically, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcnm
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to login via console mode to non-global zone

tldr; We've installed a non-global-zone from a unified archive which once booted, we're unable to gain access to the system either through zlogin or zlogin -C. Errors; svc.startd: instance svc:/system/console-login:default exited with status 127 Investigation; 1) Already opened a SR with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
1 Replies
etrn(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  etrn(1M)

NAME
etrn - start mail queue run SYNOPSIS
etrn [-b] [-v] server-host [client-hosts] DESCRIPTION
SMTP's ETRN command allows an SMTP client and server to interact, giving the server an opportunity to start the processing of its queues for messages to go to a given host. This is meant to be used in start-up conditions, as well as for mail nodes that have transient connec- tions to their service providers. The etrn utility initiates an SMTP session with the host server-host and sends one or more ETRN commands as follows: If no client-hosts are specified, etrn looks up every host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email and, for each name, sends an ETRN command with that name as the argument. If any client-hosts are specified, etrn uses each of these as arguments for successive ETRN commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b System boot special case. Make sure localhost is accepting SMTP connections before initiating the SMTP session with server-host. This option is useful because it prevents race conditions between sendmail(1M) accepting connections and server-host attempting to deliver queued mail. This check is performed automatically if no client-hosts are specified. -v The normal mode of operation for etrn is to do all of its work silently. The -v option makes it verbose, which causes etrn to display its conversations with the remote SMTP server. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
No environment variables are used. However, at system start-up, svc:/network/smtp:sendmail reads /etc/default/sendmail. In this file, if the variable ETRN_HOSTS is set, svc:/network/smtp:sendmail parses this variable and invokes etrn appropriately. ETRN_HOSTS should be of the form: "s1:c1.1,c1.2 s2:c2.1 s3:c3.1,c3.2,c3.3" That is, white-space separated groups of server:client where client can be one or more comma-separated names. The :client part is optional. server is the name of the server to prod; a mail queue run is requested for each client name. This is comparable to running: /usr/lib/sendmail -qR client on the host server. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using etrn Inserting the line: ETRN_HOSTS="s1.domain.com:clnt.domain.com s2.domain.com:clnt.domain.com" in /etc/default/sendmail results in svc:/network/smtp:sendmail invoking etrn such that ETRN commands are sent to both s1.domain.com and s2.domain.com, with both having clnt.domain.com as the ETRN argument. The line: ETRN_HOSTS="server.domain.com:client1.domain.com,client2.domain.com" results in two ETRN commands being sent to server.domain.com, one with the argument client1.domain.com, the other with the argument client2.domain.com. The line: ETRN_HOSTS="server1.domain.com server2.domain.com" results in set of a ETRN commands being sent to both server1.domain.com and server2.domain.com; each set contains one ETRN command for each host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email, with that host name as the argument. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file /etc/default/sendmail Variables used by svc:/network/smtp:sendmail ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), attributes(5) RFC 1985 NOTES
Not all SMTP servers support ETRN. SunOS 5.11 10 Aug 2004 etrn(1M)