Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows Post 303030443 by jraju on Sunday 10th of February 2019 09:07:27 PM
Old 02-10-2019
Hi, Thanks. The OS part i could understand and will try knoppix.

But had seen a system maintained by a linux known guy, who helped us with downloading and converting the files.

Just clicking on emails will not be saved correctly and also could open the contents only in a different way. Then i was not exposed to unix system. But my friend suggested there itself to switch to ubantu. Thanks for your tips

I will try to know

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. Programming

how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows.

I'm very new to c++ & unix programming. I have a c++ exe that runs on the unix box, but I am trying to write a c++ windows app that executes the program on unix. I have tried execv(), but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Would really like to see examples if at all possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch5082
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple instances of windows exe from unix

Hi, I have a requirement to run multiple instances of an .exe file present in windows server from unix machine. The number of threads to be invoked is determined dynamically based on a variable field. We will be passing some parameters to windows .exe file for each instance. I am a unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
2 Replies

4. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

5. Programming

how can I get to know what threads run within process java.exe on windows

I am writing java application on windows. There are more than 100 threads run within java.exe. I want to know what threads run within process java.exe so that I can find out if there are abnormal java threads. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mika
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows exe file fails when triggered from ssh

Hi, I am triggering a windows exe file using the below command. ssh user@remoteserver command.exe -option1:xx /option2:yy This command is working fine from windows command prompt. When I am triggering the same command from ssh I get the error message cant load Any ideas to deal with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cant get responsive terminal when I ssh from Windows to Linux using putty.exe

I ssh from Windows to Linux server and execute a few commands. I have ssh keys setup between them and works fine. The commands get executed on the Linux server however I wish to stay on the Linux terminal that was opened by putty.exe. However, the terminal simply does the job and closes. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)