Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script file check throws [: too many arguments Post 303030328 by Don Cragun on Friday 8th of February 2019 05:38:22 AM
Old 02-08-2019
Maybe something more like:
Code:
filename_time2=$(date --date='yesterday' +%Y-%m-%d)
cd /location/of/the/files/to/copy

for file in server.log-$filename_time2*
do	if [ -f "$file" ]
	then
		cp server.log-$filename_time2* ../archive/new
		exitcode=$?
		echo "One or more files with timestamp $fiename_time2 copied"
		exit $exitcode
	else
		echo "No server log files present with timestamp $filename_time2"
		exit 1
	fi
done

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Passing arguments to a shell script from file while scheduling in cron

Hi, I have a shell script Scp_1.sh for which I have to pass 2 arguments to run. I have another script Scp_2.sh which in turns calls script Scp_1.sh inside. How do I make Scp_1.sh script to read arguments automatically from a file, while running Scp_2.sh? -- Weblogic Support (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send arguments to a .exe file from a shell script

Folks , can anyone post a sample showing a way to parse a variable containing a string to a .exe file . Thanks Venu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

php file unable to run shell script with arguments

echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES); pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .:wall::mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check arguments in shell???

for example I have make target file is optional. So can I check whether there is or no? I tried if test $# -eq 1 then path=$1 else path=$2 fi But it doesnt work properlu ;( Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manueldo
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need shell script to check file

Hi Experts, I am not good in writing script. Just stared.I am looking for shell script to check following parameters. 1) Number of files on remote Linux SUSE server.- Any directory and sub directory. 2) I should define number of files in script. Files should be variable. 3) Age of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApmPerfMonitor
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing Arguments to shell script from file is not working as expected.

Hi All, I have below simple shell script in cloudera quick start vm cenos 6 which copy file from source to destination. # file_copy.sh source_dir = ${source_dir} target = ${target_dir} cp source_dir target and my parameter file is like below #parameter_file.txt source_dir =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narasimhasss
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to check a file

I'm required to write a simple shell script that when it runs it writes the output which is a simple barcode to a tmp flat file which I can do the bit I'm struggling with... The next time it runs I need to check the tmp output file to see if that barcode is in the output file and if it is send... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: worky
5 Replies
DATETIME.GETTIMESTAMP(3)						 1						  DATETIME.GETTIMESTAMP(3)

DateTime::getTimestamp - Gets the Unix timestamp

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public int DateTime::getTimestamp (void ) DESCRIPTION
int DateTimeImmutable::getTimestamp (void ) int DateTimeInterface::getTimestamp (void ) Procedural style int date_timestamp_get (DateTimeInterface $object) Gets the Unix timestamp. PARAMETERS
This function has no parameters. RETURN VALUES
Returns the Unix timestamp representing the date. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.getTimestamp(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); echo $date->getTimestamp(); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); echo date_timestamp_get($date); ?> The above examples will output something similar to: 1272509157 NOTES
Using U as the parameter to DateTime.format(3) is an alternative when using PHP 5.2. SEE ALSO
DateTime.setTimestamp(3), DateTime.format(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.GETTIMESTAMP(3)