Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Spawn fatal do not run this command by hand Post 303030305 by vbe on Friday 8th of February 2019 03:00:40 AM
Old 02-08-2019
How did you run that code?
executing the code from a terminal and your login shell ( and so interactive ) or batch mode ( using cron or at or any other scheduler ) ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spawn a new unix window by command

Hi Experts, I hav a question for you.. Can we open a new window(SunOS 5.10,Putty) by a unix_command from the one we're on? Is it possible? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hunter85
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can 'spawn' command be used more than once in an expect script ?

Can 'spawn' script be used more than once in a given expect script ?? What I'm trying to do is, first log-into a remote server through one 'ssh' spawn com and then from there log-into another server using a secod 'ssh' spawn command. But this approach is not working... the second ssh attempt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clakkad
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with email to be triggered based on fatal error detection from batch run log file neded

Hi, I require need help in two aspects actually: 1) Fatal error that gets generated as %F% from a log file say ABClog.dat to trigger a mail. At present I manually grep the log file as <grep %F% ABClog.dat| cut-d "%" -f1>. The idea is to use this same logic to grep the log file which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zico1986
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using expect command, spawn will not start sftp process

Hi all, I have a script that runs sftp with expect so I can login and send a file in a cronjob. I've installed this on a couple other servers and it has been fine. However, this time on this machine, it seems to be giving me an issue. It won't move past the spawn sftp command and return a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ltyrrell
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge left hand strings mapping to different right hand strings

Hello, I am working on an Urdu to Hindi dictionary which has the following structure: a=b a=c n=d n=q and so on. i.e. Headword separated from gloss by a = I am giving below a live sample بتا=बता بتا=बित्ता بتا=बुत्ता بتان=बतान بتان=बितान بتانا=बिताना I need the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Spawn: Command not found

Hi all, I want to run the following command from my main prompt : # spawn bash but I get the following error: spawn: Command not found. For this to work , I first have to go into expect. #expect expect1.1>spawn bash spawn bash 564 expect1.2> Is there any way I can skip the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Spawn: command not found

Dear Concern, I want to run following script in RHEL 6.3. $ cat sftp_upload.sh #!/usr/bin/expect spawn sftp -oPort=434 bkashtopup@172.16.252.59 expect "*?assword:*" send "bkashtopup1234\n" send "lcd /BI/application/report/script/daily/daily_bkash_itopup_detail\r" expect sftp> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn command not found!!!

Hi, I am writing a script to automate installation of java in shell script. #!/bin/sh #!/usr/bin/expect ls -la | grep jdk* | rpm -ivh ./jdk*.rpm alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_71/bin/java 2 spawn alternatives --config java expect "Enter to keep the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)