Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Passing Day in string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing Day in string Post 303030283 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 7th of February 2019 02:15:35 PM
Old 02-07-2019
check LOCALE value for cal format, try:

Code:
date=$(date +"%d %m %Y")
#date="8 2 2019"

echo $date | read tday x

past_days="3,4,5"
max_past_day="${past_days##*,}"

echo "$date" | awk '
{
   m=$2; y=$3;
   if ($1 <= mpd) {
      mm=m; yy=y;
      if (mm-1 < 1) { mm=12; yy=y-1; } else { mm--; }
      print "cal ", mm, yy
   }
   print "cal ", m, y
}
' mpd=$max_past_day | sh | awk '
length($1) > 3 {month=substr($1, 1, 3)}
$1+=0 == $1  {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {days[c++]=month FS $i; daysa[d++]=$i;}}
END {
   sc=split(past_days, pdays, ",");
   for (j=1; j<=sc; j++) ppdays[pdays[j]]=pdays[j];
   for (i=c-1; i>=0; i--) {
      if (daysa[i]==tday) ptr=1;
      if (ptr && (prtc++ in ppdays)) out[outc++]=days[i];
   }
   for (i=outc-1; i>=0; i--) print "day" (++k) "=\"" out[i] "\"";
}
' tday=$tday past_days="$past_days"

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string parameter to a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from function with '*'

Hi I have a shell function which returns string(ksh). The string is an sql statement. This statement can have '*' in its content (i.e. select 100 / 2 *100 from dual). When this happens ret_str will have contents of current directry I run the script from build in sql. Is there any way to fix it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string variables

HI all, Very new to shell programming and just wanted some help on how to solve the following problem. I have a small shell script which searches a given file and extracts some string parameters. I want to now be able to call this script from another shell script and somehow pass the parameters... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed passing string to command

hi to all code: </div> command... "command_name arg1 arg2 option=xxxxx" example --- useradd username group=xxxxxx. </div> when someone ran this command it point to some other script (say script1), mean post execution of command. in the script1 i need only "xxxxx" value. then i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing string which includes metacharacters

I'm trying to create a bash script that takes a URL as one of its arguments like this: ./script.sh http://url.cfm?asdf&asdf=234 variable=$1 echo $variable I'm having trouble storing the URL because it contains the meta character "&" which is being interpreted... thus when I run the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kds1398
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Day of the week from a string

Hi All, I need to know how to derive the day of the week by passing the value in following format: Feb 28 2010 The output I'm expecting is Sunday or Sun. I know, I can use the following code to get the day of the week. date +%a But I want to pass the value as a string. Please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing varibles as a string argument ?

For example test.sh: test="teststring" cmd=$1 $cmd For some reason I'm NOT seeing "teststring" when I type: ./test.sh "echo $test" Any ideas on how to get around this? I've tried commands like: ./test.sh "echo $($test)" ./test.sh "echo '$test'" And many variations to no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: secops
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from bash to sqlplus

Hello, I have file (PARFILE) with string on first line: INCLUDE=SCHEMA:"IN\( 'SCHEMA1','SCHEMA2','SCHEMA3' \)"In .sh script I use: .... IMPORT_SCHEMA=`awk 'NR==1{print $2}' ${PARFILE}` ...print $2 is because 'SCHEMA1','SCHEMA2','SCHEMA3' is 2nd column in file echo "$IMPORT_SCHEMA"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DjukaZg
5 Replies
Prima::Calendar(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prima::Calendar(3)

NAME
Prima::Calendar - standard calendar widget SYNOPSIS
use Prima::Calendar; my $cal = Prima::Calendar-> create( useLocale => 1, onChange => sub { print $_[0]-> date_as_string, " "; }, ); $cal-> date_from_time( localtime ); $cal-> month( 5); DESCRIPTION
Provides interactive selection of date between 1900 and 2099 years. The main property, date, is a three-integer array, day, month, and year, in the format of perl localtime ( see "localtime" in perlfunc ) - day can be in range from 1 to 31,month from 0 to 11, year from 0 to 199. API
Events Change Called when the date property is changed. Properties date DAY, MONTH, YEAR Accepts three integers in format of "localtime". DAY can be from 1 to 31, MONTH from 0 to 11, YEAR from 0 to 199. Default value: today's date. day INTEGER Selects the day in month. firstDayOfWeek INTEGER Selects the first day of week, an integer between 0 and 6, where 0 is Sunday is the first day, 1 is Monday etc. Default value: 0 month Selects the month. useLocale BOOLEAN If 1, the locale-specific names of months and days of week are used. These are read by calling "POSIX::strftime". If invocation of POSIX module fails, the property is automatically assigned to 0. If 0, the English names of months and days of week are used. Default value: 1 See also: date_as_string year Selects the year. Methods can_use_locale Returns boolean value, whether the locale information can be retrieved by calling "strftime". month2str MONTH Returns MONTH name according to useLocale value. make_months Returns array of 12 month names according to useLocale value. day_of_week DAY, MONTH, YEAR, [ USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK = 1 ] Returns integer value, from 0 to 6, of the day of week on DAY, MONTH, YEAR date. If boolean USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK is set, the value of "firstDayOfWeek" property is taken into the account, so 0 is a Sunday shifted forward by "firstDayOfWeek" days. The switch from Julian to Gregorian calendar is ignored. date_as_string [ DAY, MONTH, YEAR ] Returns string representation of date on DAY, MONTH, YEAR according to useLocale property value. date_from_time SEC, MIN, HOUR, M_DAY, MONTH, YEAR, ... Copies date from "localtime" or "gmtime" result. This helper method allows the following syntax: $calendar-> date_from_time( localtime( time)); AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. SEE ALSO
Prima, Prima::Widget, POSIX, "localtime" in perlfunc, "time" in perlfunc, examples/calendar.pl. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::Calendar(3)