Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Answers to Recently Asked Questions about UNIX.COM Post 303030185 by Neo on Thursday 7th of February 2019 04:13:10 AM
Old 02-07-2019
Updated: v0.3 - vbe's changes . Thanks Victor!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expecting answers for these questions?

hi all plese clarify me in the following area. 1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server? 2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Please give answers for this interview questions

I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Eric's Questions and Answers Blog

I hope this is ok so I will ask if I may use this thread to ask questions about programming. May I use this thread to ask questions and answer questions? If the answer is yes, this is a thread made for minimizing the amount of threads I post to ask questions about programming. Please feel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies
LSMBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LSMBOX(1)

NAME
lsmbox - list number of total, old unread, and new messages for the specified mailbox(es) SYNOPSIS
lsmbox [OPTION]... [MAILBOX]... DESCRIPTION
lsmbox lists the number of messages in a mailbox. Both total, unread but old, and new messages can be listed, for one or several mailbox files. Non-existing or empty mailboxes will be silently ignored. If the program has been compiled with curses support, you can execute a predefined command on a mailbox by choosing that mailbox using the cursor keys and pressing enter. If the program has been compiled with ncurses, the command can also be executed by clicking on the mailbox with the mouse-pointer. By default, lsmbox will look in $MAIL (if defined) or /var/spool/mail/USERNAME for the inbox, and in $HOME/Mail/ for other mailboxes. This can be overridden by changing the default paths in $HOME/.lsmboxrc. See lsmboxrc(5) for further details. If $HOME is not defined on your system, the program will look in the current directory for mailboxes. If no mailbox is given as an argument, the program will default to listing information about the mailboxes listed in $HOME/.lsmboxrc. If no default mailboxes have been specified in that file, or if that file does not exist, the program will abort with an error. A filename of ! denotes your inbox. A leading ("=") or ("+") in a filename will be expanded into the path to your mail-directory. If the name of a mailbox given at the command-line contains a path-separator ("/"), it is assumed that the default mailbox path shall be ignored for that entry, unless it has a leading ("=") or ("+"). OPTIONS
-c, --continuous Update statistics continuously rather than just listing them once. Exit with `q' (waits for the next mailcheck to finish) or `<ctrl> + c' (aborts immediately). Note: this option is only available if the program has been compiled with curses support -i, --check-interval Interval in seconds between each update of the statistics. This option overrides the environment variable $MAILCHECK. Using a low interval will give you faster notification of newly arrived e-mail, but will put increased load on your system. Note: this option is only available if the program has been compiled with curses support -n, --new-only Only display mailboxes with new messages (and old unread, if the mark_old option has been unset) -o, --no-old Do not display the number of old messages each mailbox contains -p, --padding Width to use for the mailbox column; leave empty to use the smallest possible -s, --no-summary Do not display a summary of the statistics for all mailboxes -S, --short-names Only display the name of the mailbox rather than the full path -t, --no-total Do not display total number of messages each mailbox contains --help Display help for the command --version Display version and author information ENVIRONMENT
MAILCHECK Interval in seconds between each update of the statistics. EXAMPLES
To get information about your inbox: lsmbox ! To get information about the mailboxes debian-devel, linux-kernel, and spam: lsmbox debian-devel linux-kernel spam To get information about the mailbox test which resides in your home directory: lsmbox ~/test To use lsmbox to keep track of updates in all mailboxes listed in $HOME/.lsmboxrc: lsmbox -c FILES
$HOME/.lsmboxrc Personal preferences for lsmbox. SEE ALSO
lsmboxrc(5), mbox(5) HISTORY
Apr 16 2006: Updated for v2.1.0 of lsmbox. Apr 16 2004: Updated for v2.0.0 of lsmbox. Mar 13 2004: Updated for v1.9.0 of lsmbox. Mar 15 2003: Updated for v1.7.0 of lsmbox. Jan 16 2003: Minor fixes. Jan 06 2003: Minor fixes. Dec 09 2002: Minor fixes. Nov 06 2002: Updated for v1.5.0 of lsmbox. Oct 30 2002: Updated for v1.4.2 of lsmbox. Oct 30 2002: Fixed a typo. Oct 30 2002: Updated for v1.4.0 of lsmbox. Oct 29 2002: Updated for v1.3.1 of lsmbox. Oct 29 2002: Updated for v1.3.0 of lsmbox. Oct 28 2002: Fixed a typo. Oct 26 2002: Updated for v1.1.0 of lsmbox. Oct 26 2002: Updated for v1.0.1 of lsmbox. Oct 21 2002: Initial release. AUTHOR
lsmbox and its manual-pages are written by David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <tao@acc.umu.se>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2006 David Weinehall This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. David Weinehall Apr 16, 2006 LSMBOX(1)