Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Answers to Recently Asked Questions about UNIX.COM Post 303030179 by vbe on Thursday 7th of February 2019 03:28:06 AM
Old 02-07-2019
Quote:
It's always good practice (manners) to show your appreciation by clicking the "thank you" icon at the bottom of their posts. Being a good community member is always appreciated and yes, perhaps expected, on most web sites, forums and indeed in everyday life, including life at UNIX.COM.
I would add even more, it would be nice to say "Thanks my issue is solved" or " thanks but I still have this issue..." where mods may very well click on the "thank you" to aknowledge the fact you have read the post and effectively tested the code or whatever suggested...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expecting answers for these questions?

hi all plese clarify me in the following area. 1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server? 2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Please give answers for this interview questions

I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Eric's Questions and Answers Blog

I hope this is ok so I will ask if I may use this thread to ask questions about programming. May I use this thread to ask questions and answer questions? If the answer is yes, this is a thread made for minimizing the amount of threads I post to ask questions about programming. Please feel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies
NoCeM(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						NoCeM(3pm)

NAME
News::Article::NoCeM - a module to generate accurate nocem notices SYNOPSIS
use News::Article::NoCeM; my $nocem = new News::Article::NoCeM(); $nocem->hide($type, $spam); $nocem->make_notice($type, $name, $issuer, $group, $prefix); $nocem->sign($keyid, $passphrase); $nocem->issue($conn, $ihave); DESCRIPTION
Creates a nocem notice on the Usenet articles, which may be posted normally to hide the messages. USAGE
use News::Article::NoCeM; News::Article::NoCeM is class that inherits News::Article and adds four new functions: hide(), make_notice(), sign() and issue(), redefine to disable two functions: post() and ihave(). Article Methods hide ( TYPE, ARTICLE, [ARTICLE, ...] ) Hide one or more articles in the given "TYPE". "ARTICLE" is an News::Article object that going to be hid. hide() will skip the articles without Newsgroup or Message-ID and skip the ones already hid. hide() returns the number of the articles hid. post ihave post() and ihave() is disabled in News::Article::NoCeM. Please use issue() instead. make_notice ( TYPE, NAME, GROUP, ISSUER, [ PREFIX ] ) Retrive articles marked by hide with "TYPE", and make a notice fot them. If there's only one type within a container, then the container itself can be a notice. "NAME" is the identifier of the issuer. "GROUP" is the newsgroup the you will post nocem notice to. "ISSUER" is the email address of the issuer. "PREFIX" is the announcement before the nocem notice, which may explain the criteria of this notice, or where to find your public key for PGP verification. make_notice() returns a News::Article::NoCeM object if success, and return undef if no article is hid. sign ( KEYID, PASSPHRASE ) Sign the content of the nocem notice with "KEYID" and "PASSPHRASE". Please make sure that the issuer's public/secret keyring is ready. sign() returns a News::Article::NoCeM object if success, and return undef if no article is hid, or pgp_sign failed. issue ( [ CONN, IHAVE ] ) Take optional "CONN" as a Net::NNTP object and issue the nocem notice. "IHAVE" indicates that call Net::NNTP::ihave() for submitting the notice, otherwise issue() will call News::Article::post() by default. issue() return the result of News::Article::post() or issue(). NOTES
Standard article manipulation information can be read in the News::Article manpages. NoCeM FAQ is available on the web at <URL:http://www.cm.org/faq.html>. AUTHOR
Written by Yen-Ming Lee <leeym@leeym.com>, based on a module by Tim Skirvin <tskirvin@killfile.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2005 by Yen-Ming Lee <leeym@leeym.com>. This code may be redistributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2006-06-23 NoCeM(3pm)