Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why the results of these two code fragments are not the same? Post 303030166 by johnprogrammer on Wednesday 6th of February 2019 11:09:03 PM
Old 02-07-2019
The POSIX shell code detects if there are two or more, same command line arguments to the script.

An example with C++03.

Assuming we have a vector (array) with some strings:

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <vector>

int main()
{
  using namespace std;

string stringArray[]={"some", "to", "words", "to", "use", "for", "testing", "purposes"};

vector<string> myvector(stringArray, stringArray+ sizeof(stringArray)/sizeof(*stringArray) );

Here is the interesting part:

for(vector<string>::size_type i= 0; i< myvector.size(); ++i)
  {
    for(vector<string>::size_type j= i+ 1; j< myvector.size(); ++j)
    {
       if(myvector[j]== myvector[i])
       {
         cout<< "Two or more words are the same\n\n";

return 0;
       }
    }
  }

}

This is what I am trying to do with the POSIX shell code I posted.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fragments in Solaris 8

When discussing inodes and data blocks, I know Solaris creates these data blocks with a total size of 8192b, divided into eight 1024b "fragments." It stores data in "contiguous" fragments and solaris doesn't allow a file to use portions of two different fragments. If the file size permits, then the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

results survey

Hi guys! I was wondering what the outcome was of your survey of a few months ago? One of the questions was if people were willing to pay for additional services like an own account, like username@unix.com with mail box, etc. Sorry if I missed the results if you had already posted them. Ivo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ipfilter blocking ip fragments

For some reason ipfilter is blocking inbound fragmented ip packets (the packets are larger than the interface's MTU) that are encapsulating UDP segments. The connection works, so I know ipfilter is letting some traffic through, it is just a lot slower than it should be. Rules that allow the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Solaris 11 Express NAT/Router IP Fragments

Upon replacing my linux router/server with a Solaris one I've noticed very poor network performance. The server itself has no issues connecting to the net, but clients using the server as a router are getting a lot of IP fragments as indicated from some packet sniffing I conducted. Here was my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why use different FS, the results is different?

# echo '1 2 3 ' | awk -F' ' '{print NF}' 3 # echo '1:2:3:' | awk -F':' '{print NF}' 4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lazycat79
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract fragments from file

I have a .xml file that looks something like this : <measInfo> ......... string1 ......... </measInfo> <measInfo> ...... string2 ........ </measInfo> I want to extract only the 'chunk of file' from '<measInfo>' to '</measInfo>' containing string1 (or a certain string that I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to add a variable for the results from the formula of one variable and results of another var

Good morning all, This is the file name in question OD_Orders_2019-02-19.csv I am trying to create a bash script to read into files with yesterdays date on the file name while retaining the rest of the files name. I would like for $y to equal, the name of the file with a formula output with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahim A
2 Replies
domain_indirect(7rheolef)					    rheolef-6.1 					 domain_indirect(7rheolef)

NAME
domain_indirect - a named part of a finite element mesh DESCRIPTION
The domain_indirect class defines a container for a part of a finite element mesh. This describes the connectivity of edges or faces. This class is usefull for boundary condition setting. IMPLEMENTATION NOTE
The domain class is splitted into two parts. The first one is the domain_indirect class, that contains the main renumbering features: it acts as a indirect on a geo class(see geo(2)). The second one is the domain class, that simply contains two smart_pointers: one on a domain_indirect and the second on the geo where renumbering is acting. Thus, the domain class develops a complete geo-like interface, via the geo_abstract_rep pure virtual class derivation, and can be used by the space class (see space(2)). The split between domain_indirect and domain is necessary, because the geo class contains a list of domain_indirect. It cannot contains a list of domain classes, that refers to the geo class itself: a loop in reference counting leads to a blocking situation in the automatic deallocation. IMPLEMENTATION
template <> class domain_indirect_basic<sequential> : public smart_pointer<domain_indirect_rep<sequential> > { public: // typedefs: typedef domain_indirect_rep<sequential> rep; typedef smart_pointer<rep> base; typedef rep::size_type size_type; typedef rep::iterator_ioige iterator_ioige; typedef rep::const_iterator_ioige const_iterator_ioige; // allocators: domain_indirect_basic (); template <class T> domain_indirect_basic ( const geo_basic<T,sequential>& omega, const std::string& name, size_type map_dim, const communicator& comm, const std::vector<size_type>& ie_list); template <class U> domain_indirect_basic ( array<geo_element_auto<heap_allocator<size_type> >,sequential, heap_allocator<size_type> >& d_tmp, const geo_basic<U, sequential>& omega, std::vector<index_set>* ball); void resize (size_type n); // accessors: size_type size() const; size_type dis_size() const; const distributor& ownership() const; const_iterator_ioige ioige_begin() const; const_iterator_ioige ioige_end() const; iterator_ioige ioige_begin(); iterator_ioige ioige_end(); const geo_element_indirect& oige (size_type ioige) const; void set_name (std::string name); void set_map_dimension (size_type map_dim); std::string name () const; size_type map_dimension () const; // i/o: odiststream& put (odiststream&) const; template <class T> idiststream& get (idiststream& ips, const geo_rep<T,sequential>& omega, std::vector<index_set> *ball); }; IMPLEMENTATION
template <> class domain_indirect_basic<distributed> : public smart_pointer<domain_indirect_rep<distributed> > { public: // typedefs: typedef domain_indirect_rep<distributed> rep; typedef smart_pointer<rep> base; typedef rep::size_type size_type; // allocators: domain_indirect_basic (); template<class T> domain_indirect_basic ( const geo_basic<T,distributed>& omega, const std::string& name, size_type map_dim, const communicator& comm, const std::vector<size_type>& ie_list); // accessors/modifiers: size_type size() const; size_type dis_size() const; const distributor& ownership() const; const geo_element_indirect& oige (size_type ioige) const; void set_name (std::string name); void set_map_dimension (size_type map_dim); std::string name () const; size_type map_dimension () const; // distributed specific acessors: const distributor& ini_ownership() const; size_type ioige2ini_dis_ioige (size_type ioige) const; size_type ini_ioige2dis_ioige (size_type ini_ioige) const; // i/o: template <class T> idiststream& get (idiststream& ips, const geo_rep<T,distributed>& omega); template <class T> odiststream& put (odiststream& ops, const geo_rep<T,distributed>& omega) const; }; SEE ALSO
geo(2), space(2) rheolef-6.1 rheolef-6.1 domain_indirect(7rheolef)