Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filtering text with awk
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Filtering text with awk Post 303030130 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of February 2019 11:11:21 AM
Old 02-06-2019
The 'after' of one is just the 'before' of the other, so:

Code:
$ awk '/[*]/ { print $0";nr=" N ; N=0 ; next } { N++ }' data

0       292nt, >last294258;size=1;... *;nr=1
0       292nt, >last111510;size=1;... *;nr=1
0       292nt, >last355423;size=1;... *;nr=4

$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering text from a string

I'm trying to write a script which prints out the users who are loged in. Printing the output of the "users" command isn't the problem. What I want is to filter out my own username. users | grep -v (username) does not work because the whole line in which username exists is suppressed. If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cozmic
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk filtering ?

I have a Ques. Regarding awk I have few strings in a file, like.. ABC DEF_ABC GHI_ABC GHI Now I want string which has only 'ABC', not the part of any other string as it is also present in 'DEF_ABC' Output should be ABC Please guide me asap !! Thanks :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another text filtering question

I want to remove everything from a file but the word following the search word. Example: crap crap crap crap SearchWord WordToKeep crap crap crap How would I do this with say awk or grep? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DethLark
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering text

Hi how can I filter the text using this one. SAMPLE servervmpool -listall|tail -11 ================================================================================ pool number: 112 pool name: Net-Ora-1wk description: Net-Ora-1wk max partially full: 0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

text processing and filtering scripting

Still new to bash. Using debian lenny 5, bash version 3.2.39. I'm working on three scripts. I need help completing them. One script that inputs a plain text file, echo then chop it up into separate whitespace-delimited strings as an output. Not sure how to do this... for example, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l20N1N
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out text with awk

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilekyle
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering with awk

i have question about awk ex: input.txt 1252468812,yahoo,3.5 1252468812,hotmail,2.4 1252468819,yahoo,1.2 msn,1252468812,8.9 1252468923,gmail,12 live,1252468812,3.4 yahoo,1252468812,9.0 1252468929,msn,1.2 output.txt 1252468812,yahoo,3.5 1252468812,hotmail,2.4 msn,1252468812,8.9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and filtering multiline text into comma separated line

I have a log file that contains several reports with following format. <Start of delimiter> Report1 header Report1 header continue Report1 header continue Record1 header Record1 header continue Record1 header continue field1 field2 field3 field4 ------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

text filtering

INPUT FILE: Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:00 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 00 16 28 B 120: 00 00 00 39 53 32 86 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:10 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 01 11 22 B 120: 00 00 00 29 23 32 16 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:20 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 02 17 29 B 120: 00 00 35 51 42 66 14 Date: 10-JUN-12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data from text to csv

Hello, Is there a way to filerter data from a text file as shown below to a Column e.g. hostname nfsmount as two separate column. Currently I could get hostname and the mount is appearing below.. using this script #! /bin/bash for i in `cat fqdn.txt` do echo "$i ............ " >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cy Pqa
3 Replies
Bio::Cluster::FamilyI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bio::Cluster::FamilyI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Cluster::FamilyI - Family Interface SYNOPSIS
# see the implementations of this interface for details my $cluster= $cluster->new(-description=>"POLYUBIQUITIN", -members =>[$seq1,$seq2]); my @members = $cluster->get_members(); my @sub_members = $cluster->get_members(-species=>"homo sapiens"); DESCRIPTION
This interface if for a Family object representing a family of biological objects. A generic implementation for this may be found a Bio::Cluster::Family. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Shawn Hoon Email shawnh@fugu-sg.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new We don't mandate but encourage implementors to support at least the following named parameters upon object initialization. Arguments Description --------- ----------- -family_id the name of the family -description the consensus description of the family -annotation_score the confidence by which the consensus description is representative of the family -members the members belonging to the family -alignment the multiple alignment of the members family_id Title : family_id Usage : Bio::Cluster::FamilyI->family_id("znfp"); Function: get/set for the family id Returns : the family id Args : the family id family_score Title : family_score Usage : Bio::Cluster::FamilyI->family_score(95); Function: get/set for the score of algorithm used to generate the family if present Returns : the score Args : the score Methods inherited from Bio::ClusterI display_id Title : display_id Usage : Function: Get the display name or identifier for the cluster Returns : a string Args : get_members Title : get_members Usage : Bio::Cluster::FamilyI->get_members(); Function: get the members of the family Returns : the array of members Args : the array of members description Title : description Usage : Bio::Cluster::FamilyI->description("Zinc Finger Protein"); Function: get/set for the description of the family Returns : the description Args : the description size Title : size Usage : Bio::Cluster::FamilyI->size(); Function: get/set for the description of the family Returns : size Args : cluster_score Title : cluster_score Usage : $cluster ->cluster_score(100); Function: get/set for cluster_score which represent the score in which the clustering algorithm assigns to this cluster. Returns : a number perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Cluster::FamilyI(3pm)