Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Modifying/combining two text outputs Post 303030067 by jeffs42885 on Tuesday 5th of February 2019 05:27:50 PM
Old 02-05-2019
Modifying/combining two text outputs

greetings,

I have what seems to be a fairly complex task at hand. I am dealing with 3 outputs from a database.

a) Listing of tables. The first 3 characters are always an identifier of an application. See in part b -

Example-

Code:
select tablename from system.tables
ABC1
ABC2
RFV1

b) Each table has a field I need to capture-

Code:
select docname from ABC1
DOCUMENT1
DOCUMENT2
DOCUMENT3

c) The first three characters of that table name, is always the 3 digit identifier of a specific application..

Code:
select identifier, actualname from application
ABC,DataDriven

SO- What I need to do is combine everything into a distinct CSV file, where I have something like this

Code:
(docnameFromABC1),(actualName)
DOCUMENT1, DataDriven
DOCUMENT2, DataDriven

My problem is that I can't join the tables on a certain field. Can anyone think of a fancy way i may be able to use a where clause, or a like clause, or something..or do some fancy awk work on this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need in modifying the text of .txt file

Hi All, I've written a shell script in which i defined two varibles for example: str=1.0.0.15 timeStamp=2008.03.08 now using this varibles i need to modify a text file. The text content looks like this ************************ * packageNumber : 1.0.0.14 * * date :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting text and modifying the file

I am in a dire need of doing this job , please help from shell script or perl script. It will be highly appreciated. Please have a look at the following INPUT file; The first 14 rows are not of interest but I want them to be included in the output file as they are. From the row 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two text lines into one

Here is the sample file: 646 STARTED Tue Dec 30 06:38:53 2008 Job DdCustXAddr_brad has been reset. 647 STARTED Tue Dec 30 06:38:54 2008 Starting Job DdCustXAddr_brad. (...) 704 STARTED Tue Dec 30 06:49:02 2008 Job DdCustXAddr_brad aborted. I want to combine every non-numbered line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfavero
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create outputs from other command outputs

hi friends, The code: i=1 while do filename=`/usr/bin/ls -l| awk '{ print $9}'` echo $filename>>summary.csv #Gives the name of the file stored at column 9 count=`wc -l $filename | awk '{print $1}'` echo $count>>summary.csv #Gives just the count of lines of file "filename" i=`expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a particular string and modifying text within block of data

Hi Forum. Is there a quick way to do the following search/replace within a block of data? I tried to google the solution but didn't really know what to look for. I have the following text file (I want to search for a particular string "s_m_f_acct_txn_daily_a1" and replace the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining two text files as columns?

I have one space delimited file with multiple columns and one tab delimited file with multiple columns (They have the same number of rows). I want to basically combine these two text files into a new text file by column. How would I go about doing that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Formating or Modifying

Hi Experts, I have a text exactly like below in a file: id item_id item_date prin_mkt_val --------------------------- --------------------------- ------------------------------- ------------------------ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apatil65
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small query on modifying the text of file

Hi, I have file with the following text, /analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_1_1_33l.root /analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_2_5_33l.root /analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_6_7_33l.root and many such files. For some operation on these files, I would like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

New code for modifying text files in a folder

Hi I want to create a code that can do this for all text files in a folder. The filenames are all listed in the following syntax UNIQUEID-LABID_ - .txt Each file has a unique ID and a different name and the content in the file looks like this: Kinship Analysis Report --- Likelihood... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate sequences and modifying a text file

Hi. I've tried several different programs to try and solve this problem, but none of them seem to have done exactly what I want (and I need the file in a very specific format). I have a large file of DNA sequences in a multifasta file like this, with around 15 000 genes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4galaxy7
2 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)