Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX networking performance, during copying files Post 303030060 by Corona688 on Tuesday 5th of February 2019 01:58:47 PM
Old 02-05-2019
Easiest utility I know to throw unencrypted content down the wire ASAP is udpcast. Of course, it's wide-open and limited to your local subnet. It can have more than one receiver with no bandwidth penalty however.

Code:
# sender
udp-sender < filename

Code:
# receiver
udp-receiver > /dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX performance

Hiya all, I am a newbie sysadmin to AIX, i have worked on HPUX for 3 years. I have started a new role with in an IBM house and because there is me and one other there are a couple of issues I cannot work out: We havehad a production server slowing down processing batch jbs over the past... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
6 Replies

2. AIX

copying files to a remote aix server using tar!

Hi, I am using AIX 5.2, and I want to copy some files from one server to a remote server using tar command. Can anybody tell me exact command? Thanks. Aqeel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
2 Replies

3. AIX

Performance testing on AIX

I'm doing performance testing for one application which works on AIX. But I don't know which performance parameters of memory need to be collected. Now, I just know very few: 1. page in 2. page out 3. fre They are all collected by "vmstat" command. I want to know, except for above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adasong
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.2 performance question

I am trying to analyze the performance of an AIX system. I think I may have a disk I/O issue, but I am asking for help to validate or invalidate this assumption. I ran the commands below during a period of peak load. Please help me to find any performance bottlenecks. Thanks in advance for your... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
15 Replies

5. AIX

Performance issue in AIX 5.3

Is there is any way to increase the CPU utilization of a Embedded SQL program in AIX 5.3 .. for performance purpose. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyanendra Awast
0 Replies

6. AIX

performance issue in AIX

Gurus, i have process that runs 5 times a day. it runs normally (takes about 1 hour) to complete in 3 runs but it is takes about ( 3 hrs to complete) two times So i need to figure out why it takes significanlty high time during those 2 runs. The process is a shell script that connect to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX performance issue

Hi Guys, This is the situation I am in. Provide your views and input where should I start? I have one P7 test server and a p520 production server. the job is taking pretty long on the P7 test server when compared to the P5 production server. below is the full detail. Informix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithinksgreen
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Networking Issue

Hello, I'm trying to set up an internet connection on an IBM RS/6000 7043-140 machine with AIX v 5.1. The problem is that no matter if it is setup to receive an IP address from another DHCP server or has a static IP set, it seems to act as a DHCP server that assigns a random IP address with a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xsystem
3 Replies

9. AIX

Networking Issues - Opera, FreeBSD, AIX

(1) Hi, Am working on FreeBSD 7.4/i386 and installed Opera 11.01 through ports collection manually... But when I run first time am getting "opera: cannot connect X server. Error: Unknown error: 0" What is this error all about???? Please help me to sort out this issue!!! (2) Hi, currently am... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
12 Replies

10. AIX

Performance stats from AIX 6

Hi, I'm supposed to capture many performance stats on AIX 6 and stuck up with below: Priority queue Disk cache hit% Page out rate Swap out rate Memory queue I see vmstatis helpful for "page out" but not sure how to get the "rate". Could anyone please let me know how to get these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
4 Replies
RECVQ(5)							File Formats Manual							  RECVQ(5)

NAME
recvq/fax* - received facsimile document format DESCRIPTION
Facsimile received by HylaFAX are placed in the recvq subdirectory. Each facsimile document is stored as a single Class F Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) file. This format includes the following information: o page width and length o horizontal and vertical resolution o page orientation o phone number of the sender o date and time document was received o number of scanlines received with errors o maximum number of consecutive scanlines received with errors o whether or not bad scanlines were regenerated by the receiver o make and model of the modem used to receive the document o name of the host computer on which the document was received Image data is written using either CCITT T.4 or CCITT T.6 compression. By default data is written using the compression scheme/data format negotiated by the sender and receiver. However, if faxgetty(8) is configured to do copy quality checking then data is written using the compression scheme defined by the RecvDataFormat configuration parameter; see hylafax-config(5). A scanline that is regenerated by the receiver because of an error is typically just a copy of the previous good scanline. The files in the recvq directory are created with the protection mode specified in the server configuration file(s). By default, files are created with mode 0600 and owned by the fax user, which means that they are accessible only to the fax user. To print a facsimile on a POSTSCRIPT(R) printer, the fax2ps(1) program can be used. SEE ALSO
viewfax(1), faxview(1), fax2ps(1), faxgetty(8), libtiff(3), hylafax-config(5) October 3, 1995 RECVQ(5)