Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Look Around the Forumverse
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Look Around the Forumverse Post 303030037 by vbe on Tuesday 5th of February 2019 03:55:56 AM
Old 02-05-2019
I agree...

But for me, I believe the visual aspect doesnt prime on ease to use when you are a technician or a developper in need of help o solution, its more how easy it is to find what you are looking for and how fast you find the good information, here I think we are superior to other forums, as our mods wont let pass things non relevant, either help in correcting the code proposed, or after suggest a better alternative and more, tag as solved and later close the thread so it does not go on and on and deviates from its original topic. Finding the good information here is far the fastest if not the case then the other forums show up, for me that is more due to how the originator titled his thread and how relevant it is with in fact the true thread subject, and here I see perhaps a possible amelioration, we mods should think if the title is relevant with the subject/issue... and if not quite or ambiguous should change the title and not just correct typos... I do it sometimes but only when totally OT or weird as not sure it the owner will find himself with the new title... ouch late for work...
All the best
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

pnmindex(1)						      General Commands Manual						       pnmindex(1)

NAME
pnmindex - build a visual index of a bunch of anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmindex [-size N] [-across N] [-colors N] [-black] [-title T] [-quant|-noquant] pnmfile ... DESCRIPTION
pnmindex creates an index image containing thumbnail (small) versions of a bunch of PNM files you supply. pnmindex labels each thumbnail and, optionally, contains a title. OPTIONS
-size N The size of each thumbnail. The image is scaled to fit maximally inside a N x N pixel box without changing its aspect ratio. Default is 100. -across N The number of thumbnails in each row. Default is 6. -colors N The maximum number of colors allowed in the overall image. If it would otherwise have more colors than these, pnmindex quantizes the result. The default is 256. However, this value is meaningless if you specify the -noquant option. -black This controls the color of the padding between the images; normally it's white and the labels are black lettering on white back- ground, but the -black flag reverses this. -title title Specifies a title top place at the top of the image. Default is no title. -quant Enables quanization (to the number of colors specified by -colors ). Quantization is on by default but you can disable it with -noquant. -noquant See -quant. SEE ALSO
pnmscale(1), pnmcat(1), pbmtext(1), ppmquant(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. -title and -noquant added 2000 by John Heidemann. 9 January 1991 pnmindex(1)