Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Look Around the Forumverse
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Look Around the Forumverse Post 303030037 by vbe on Tuesday 5th of February 2019 03:55:56 AM
Old 02-05-2019
I agree...

But for me, I believe the visual aspect doesnt prime on ease to use when you are a technician or a developper in need of help o solution, its more how easy it is to find what you are looking for and how fast you find the good information, here I think we are superior to other forums, as our mods wont let pass things non relevant, either help in correcting the code proposed, or after suggest a better alternative and more, tag as solved and later close the thread so it does not go on and on and deviates from its original topic. Finding the good information here is far the fastest if not the case then the other forums show up, for me that is more due to how the originator titled his thread and how relevant it is with in fact the true thread subject, and here I see perhaps a possible amelioration, we mods should think if the title is relevant with the subject/issue... and if not quite or ambiguous should change the title and not just correct typos... I do it sometimes but only when totally OT or weird as not sure it the owner will find himself with the new title... ouch late for work...
All the best
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

RUNALARM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       RUNALARM(1)

NAME
runalarm - enforce a time limit on execution of a process SYNOPSYS
runalarm [ -h ] runalarm [ -d ] [ -t timeout ] command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
runalarm tries to execute a command and, if the subprocess does not exit before a timer expires, tries to terminate that subprocess. Oth- erwise, the exit status of the command is returned. USAGE
-d Debug mode; send log messages to standard error as well as to the system log. -t timeout Specifies the duration, in seconds, for runalarm to allow the command to run. The default is 1d duration (86400 seconds). -h Prints some basic help. BUGS
Sending SIGALRM to runalarm before the timer has expired will cause the subprocess to be killed. SEE ALSO
runlock(1), runstat(1) AUTHOR
runalarm was written by Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@google.com>, based on some Python code by Craig Silverstein COPYRIGHT
This program is copyright (C) 2000-2010 Google, Inc. It is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 Google, Inc. October 18, 2010 RUNALARM(1)