Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Look Around the Forumverse
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Look Around the Forumverse Post 303030032 by Neo on Monday 4th of February 2019 09:39:58 PM
Old 02-04-2019
A Look Around the Forumverse

Yesterday I took some time off and Google'd the top UNIX and then Linux forums to compare and contrast them; and I went and took a look at all of them, one at a time.

I admit that I am guilty to being biased as "the inventor" , but this forum is a stunningly beautiful and easy to navigate site compared to every tech forum I looked at. This forum has slowly transformed into a kind of beautiful "technical work-of-art" and in my opinion, this forum is far superior to any other forum related to UNIX and Linux in both look, feel and functionality.

Yes, there are a few forums which are more active, but those forums are mostly eye-sores, in my opinion and are using very outdated web tech and are not HTML5 compliant. Also, since I purged all non-active users with no posts and not active over al year, we don't have inflated numbers of users here like other forums and sites who never purge fake, bot created accounts and/or dormant / inactive accounts.

Even though we have transformed UNIX.COM to a clean, modern, and IMHO, beautiful forum; I still have plans to do more transformation in 2019. Many of you have provided great ideas and suggested and it is because of you, the community, and this site is so great. This site is not some cookie-cutter forum based on the same back-end CMS with a custom "skin". This site becoming a very functional digital work-of-art, from the backend server to the front end Smilie

Thank you for making UNIX.COM a very good community.

Quality is more important than quantity (for me), and it has always been our goal at UNIX.COM to have the highest signal-to-noise ratio of top quality technical information in the forumverse; and I think we are still on track for that goal.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Your Digital Artist,

Neo Smilie
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)