Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Look Around the Forumverse
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Look Around the Forumverse Post 303030032 by Neo on Monday 4th of February 2019 09:39:58 PM
Old 02-04-2019
A Look Around the Forumverse

Yesterday I took some time off and Google'd the top UNIX and then Linux forums to compare and contrast them; and I went and took a look at all of them, one at a time.

I admit that I am guilty to being biased as "the inventor" , but this forum is a stunningly beautiful and easy to navigate site compared to every tech forum I looked at. This forum has slowly transformed into a kind of beautiful "technical work-of-art" and in my opinion, this forum is far superior to any other forum related to UNIX and Linux in both look, feel and functionality.

Yes, there are a few forums which are more active, but those forums are mostly eye-sores, in my opinion and are using very outdated web tech and are not HTML5 compliant. Also, since I purged all non-active users with no posts and not active over al year, we don't have inflated numbers of users here like other forums and sites who never purge fake, bot created accounts and/or dormant / inactive accounts.

Even though we have transformed UNIX.COM to a clean, modern, and IMHO, beautiful forum; I still have plans to do more transformation in 2019. Many of you have provided great ideas and suggested and it is because of you, the community, and this site is so great. This site is not some cookie-cutter forum based on the same back-end CMS with a custom "skin". This site becoming a very functional digital work-of-art, from the backend server to the front end Smilie

Thank you for making UNIX.COM a very good community.

Quality is more important than quantity (for me), and it has always been our goal at UNIX.COM to have the highest signal-to-noise ratio of top quality technical information in the forumverse; and I think we are still on track for that goal.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Your Digital Artist,

Neo Smilie
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups(3pm) 	User Contributed Perl Documentation	   Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups(3pm)

NAME
Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups - Google Groups message detector SYNOPSIS
use Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups; DESCRIPTION
An implementation of a mailing list detector, for Google Groups mailing lists, See http://groups-beta.google.com for information about Google Groups Google Groups mailing list messages are RFC2919 compliant but this module provides more information. METHODS
new() Inherited from Mail::ListDetector::Detector::Base. match() Accepts a Mail::Internet object and returns either a Mail::ListDetector::List object if it is a post to a Google Groups mailing list, or "undef". Mail::ListDetector::Detector::RFC2919 is used to extract the information about the list, we just munge it so we know it is a Google Groups list. BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHOR
Matthew Walker - matthew@walker.wattle.id.au, Michael Stevens - michael@etla.org, Peter Oliver - p.d.oliver@mavit.freeserve.co.uk. Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-06-30 Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups(3pm)