Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Accessing the user space of one OS from within another. Post 303030023 by Circuits on Monday 4th of February 2019 04:46:18 PM
Old 02-04-2019
@RudiC Here in lies my problems. This is my work PC so we have an SSO active directory. I vaguely remember setting this PC up 8 months ago when i started working here and I seem to remember mucking things up a bit back then. Well I know I did because inside my 16.04 home directory there exists three folders: rob@ourdomain.com, ourdomain.com and sysadmin. The Home directory I want to access from the 12.04 OS lives inside of the ourdomain.com directory and its called 'rob'. I just don't know enough about SSO, PBIS, SSSD and all these networking protocals/tools atm to make any definitive statements about how my computer is setup. I need to spend some time figuring out how this PC is setup.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit number of user accessing to SCO UNIX System

Hi, In my company, we are using SCO UNIX system and Informix database. Recently, there have been a lot of users accessing to server and sometimes it has made server run very slow. So, I intend to limit number of users of 30 only. Although I have tried to search on the Internet for several days,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trinhnguyen
1 Replies

2. AIX

Can we restrict an user to use only certain disk space

Hi, In Ibm Aix can we restrict the user to use only 50% or 60% of disk space. Thanks, Chris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramod10
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wake up user space thread from kernel space ISR

Hello, I'm searching for a proper way to let the kernel space ISR(implemented in a kernel module) wake up a user space thread on a hardware interrupt. Except for sending a real-time signal, is it possible to use a semaphore? I've searched it on google, but it seems impossible to share a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Create user with Restricted Space usage

Hi, What is the command or how to create a user with the restricted usage of space on a disk. Also let me know how to change the limit of the space size allotted in future for the same user. ~Vinodh Kumar V M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
3 Replies

5. Programming

Getting notified in user-space on interrupts

Hi, I'm working on an AMD opteron running Linux 2.6.28.6 I want to preload a module specific register (MSR) with a value to have it overflow after a number of a specific event counts. As I understand, when the counter in the register overflows, an interrupt will be generated and handled by the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mylinuxforums
2 Replies

6. Programming

Signalling interrupts to user space

What is the simplest function I can use to signal an interrupt from kernel module to user space. I knw the usr app pid in my module. Also can someone explain the parameters in kill_fasync and send_sig (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW: Shell script accessing files located in individual logged in user.

Hi I have below scenario, I hope this could be possible, but as of now no idea how to implement this. Mount point in this location /abc/mp, and there will different users who will be executing one the file shell1.sh file located in /abs/mp, but every user will execute this shell1.sh file from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SSH] Accessing remote directory with user-passed path

Hi everybody, Currently, I have a script which access a remote computer via SSH, go to a folder already defined in the code and then executes a program in it, just like that: ssh user@host << EOI cd path ./file EOI It executes fine, but now I want to pass an argument in the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lgb3
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Accessing Solaris PCI Config Space extended properties

Hi all, Am working on an enhancement to access Solaris PCI Config Space. I got basic pci config space properties like vendor-id using di_node system calls. But i am not able to access the extended configuration space. Can you please suggest an approach to access the pci extended configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayrajen
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Problems creating and accessing with user

Hi, I have created the user 'mastersa' in several servers. I need to change the user ID to '0'. However, after doing this, I am not able to login (Access denied). Even after I change the password, I still get this error. Why is this? Also, when I attempt to delete the user account, I get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
PAM_CHROOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     PAM_CHROOT(8)

NAME
pam_chroot -- Chroot PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_chroot [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The chroot service module for PAM chroots users into either a predetermined directory or one derived from their home directory. If a user's home directory as specified in the passwd structure returned by getpwnam(3) contains the string ``/./'', the portion of the directory name to the left of that string is used as the chroot directory, and the portion to the right will be the current working directory inside the chroot tree. Otherwise, the directories specified by the dir and cwd options (see below) are used. also_root Do not hold user ID 0 exempt from the chroot requirement. always Report a failure if a chroot directory could not be derived from the user's home directory, and the dir option was not specified. cwd=directory Specify the directory to chdir(2) into after a successful chroot(2) call. dir=directory Specify the chroot directory to use if one could not be derived from the user's home directory. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The pam_chroot module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
February 10, 2003 BSD