Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with running a game on wine Post 303029933 by RudiC on Sunday 3rd of February 2019 04:49:36 AM
Old 02-03-2019
Thanks for sharing.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wine

Hi! I have installed wine but when I wan't to run it it says Can't open configuration file /root/.wine/config .. I'm root when i run it.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Know anything about wine?????

Please, for god's sake, if your going to refer me to a web site, please dont bother replying. I have visited all web sites concerning wine and I haven't seen one that quite solves the problem am having. heres the situation: I have a Linux Red Hat 7.2 and Windows 98 operating system. Now, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help need help on wine how to put in

how the hell do you put wine in because i don't know i have mandrake please tell how to put in (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

4. Linux

Wine

Hey, I've switched my main PC over to Mandrake 10.1. Everything is set up except for Wine. I'm having problems installing WoW(world of warcraft). It says that it can not install it because i may be out of hard drive room. I've checked and i'm not. Wine is installed on the correct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: byblyk
1 Replies

5. Linux

Wine Problems...

i was under the impression that the Gens Emulator would work fine using Wine, and I have had it function once before (although im not sure how i got it to work)... it loads up fine but when i go to load a ROM it just closes... this is a fresh FC3 installation and ive set everything up the same...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMSS013
3 Replies

6. Linux

Wine

# wine Endless.exe fixme:mmtime:timeBeginPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel (0x3ffaa6a0)->(0001002a,00000008) fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_Init (iface = 0x3ffabd98, dmusic = (nil), dsound = (nil), hwnd = (nil))... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Archduke Qualin
0 Replies

7. Solaris

wine could not load

Hi All, I have wine error on solaris 10 , like's below : bash-3.00$ wine wine: creating configuration directory '/usr/user/zonk/.wine'... fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not supported on this platform fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zonk
0 Replies

8. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

9. Fedora

WIne ... Diablo 2 ?

Hello probably not the best website to talk about gaming on your unix box :) but lets say I have wanted to see how well DIABLO 2 Runs on my Fedora 9 box What all would I have to DOWNLOAD and or install and what order :) any direction would be great I just want to try out wine , and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Producer
2 Replies
recserv(1M)															       recserv(1M)

NAME
recserv - HP SharedX Receiver Service SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/recserv DESCRIPTION
HP SharedX Receiver Service provides a method for a receiver to allow the sharing of windows without explicitly performing any xhost com- mands. The Internet daemon (inetd(1M)) executes recserv when it receives a service request at the port listed in the services data base for recserv (see inetd(1m) and services(4)). When recserv is executed via inetd, a dialog box appears informing the receiver of the share request by the sender. The receiver can allow or disallow the share request by selecting the YES or NO button. recserv allows sharing by xhosting the sender just long enough for it to make a connection to the receiver. Once the connection is estab- lished recserv removes the sender from the access control list, unless the sender was entered in the list prior to the execution of rec- serv. Since no permanent change is made to the access control list, security is maintained at its highest level. To start recserv from the Internet daemon, the configuration file /etc/inetd.conf must include the single line entry, recserv stream tcp nowait bin /usr/lbin/recserv recserv -display :0 If the sharing is going to be done between IPv6 machines, the protocol field of the above entry in /etc/inetd.conf file of the receiver machine should be changed to tcp6 as follows recserv stream tcp6 nowait bin /usr/lbin/recserv recserv -display :0 and the services file /etc/services must include the line, recserv 7815/tcp # SharedX Receiver Service Receiver Service options, set by selecting the Options button, dictate the behavior of recserv. The behavior can also be set by running recserv manually. In either case, an X server resource is set dictating the behavior for subsequent invocations of recserv. OPTIONS
The following options allow different behavior according to user preferences. AlwaysAsk The dialog will pop up each time sharing is requested, regardless of the security on your X server. AlwaysAllow The dialog box never appears, but sharing will always be allowed. AskUnhosted The dialog will pop up only if the sender's machine is not hosted on your machine. If the sender's machine is already hosted, sharing will occur without a dialog appearing. NeverAsk The dialog will never appear. Windows are shared only if the sender's machine is already hosted by your server. To set resources (system behavior, label strings, etc) globally for a system, edit the file /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/RecServ. AUTHOR
HP SharedX Receiver Service was developed by Hewlett Packard. SEE ALSO
SharedX(1), inetd(1M), xhost(1), hosts(4), inetd.conf(4), inetd.sec(4), services(4). recserv(1M)