Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If condition
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers If condition Post 303029898 by RudiC on Saturday 2nd of February 2019 05:16:46 PM
Old 02-02-2019
I'm afraid I hastily quoted the wrong part of the man page. I meant to copy this
Quote:
File inquiry operators
Some of these operators perform true/false tests on files and related objects. They are of the form -op file, where op is one of
e Existence
. I corrected my above post. Thanks bakunin for pointing this out.

Last edited by RudiC; 02-02-2019 at 06:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition ...

i have following if condition if above statement is case sensitive.....what is syntax if i have to make above comparision case insensetive (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

Hi friends, :) In a shell script i found the following if condition. echo -n "Which version of $1 do you want to restore ('0' to quit)? : " read desired if ${desired:=1} -ge $index ] ; then echo "$0: Restore canceled by user: index value too big." >&2 exit 1 fi Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if..else condition

i have a paramter data_date in which i am passing a string value.i want to find out another paramter file_date from this.the logic is given below if day of data_date = sunday or monday then file_date=data_date-1 else file_date=data_date-2 i am passing data_date as 20061027. how can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Condition

Hi, I am trying to execute this command, but is it not working, says "`;' unexpected" eval $lgrep $SAM_CMD ; if ; then ; echo "No Error" ; fi What i want is, return the command output, if it is non zero, say "No Error". Thanks, John. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
21 Replies

5. HP-UX

Difference between [condition] and [[condition]] and ((condition)) when used with if condition

Executed the following if conditions .. and got different results . only (( )) gave correct o/p with all scenarios . Can anybody please let me know what is the difference between and ] and ((condition)) when used with if condition. And why each condition gave different result. 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyabubun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

if chr1:109457160 1 109457160 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457233 1 109457233 99.1735537190083 - chr1:109457614 1 109457614 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457618 1 109457618 100 + chr1:109457943 1 109457943 100 - chr1:109458224 1 109458224 99.1735537190083 - file1.txt If 6th column in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition return 0 even when it fails to satisfy te condition

HI My doubt may be basic one but I need to get it clarified.. When i use "if" condition that checks for many AND, OR logical conditions like if ]; then return 0 fi Even the if condition fails it returns as zero.. Any clue.. But if i add else condition like if ]; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IF [ condition ] help

Hi all Unix newbie - please be gentle Am modifying an existing script to error trap a variable with a length of 0 #!/bin/bash ipfile='/var/data/bin/ipaddress' ] && ipold="$(< "$ipfile" )" ipnew="$( wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/.*Current IP Address: //;s/<.*$//' )" #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRChamberlain
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if condition

o/p of my command is given below My requirement is if Pnumber is 0 then stabilization.Build.2013 else stabilization.PBuild.2013.3 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
11 Replies
Perl6::Junction(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Perl6::Junction(3)

NAME
Perl6::Junction - Perl6 style Junction operators in Perl5. SYNOPSIS
use Perl6::Junction qw/ all any none one /; if (any(@grant) eq 'su') { ... } if (all($foo, $bar) >= 10) { ... } if (qr/^d+$/ == all(@answers)) { ... } if (all(@input) <= @limits) { ... } if (none(@pass) eq 'password') { ... } if (one(@answer) == 42) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This is a lightweight module which provides 'Junction' operators, the most commonly used being "any" and "all". Inspired by the Perl6 design docs, <http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/design/exe/E06.html>. Provides a limited subset of the functionality of Quantum::Superpositions, see "SEE ALSO" for comment. Notice in the "SYNOPSIS" above, that if you want to match against a regular expression, you must use "==" or "!=". Not "=~" or "!~". You must also use a regex object, such as "qr/d/", not a plain regex such as "/d/". SUBROUTINES
all() Returns an object which overloads the following operators: '<', '<=', '>', '>=', '==', '!=', 'lt', 'le', 'gt', 'ge', 'eq', 'ne', Returns true only if all arguments test true according to the operator used. any() Returns an object which overloads the following operators: '<', '<=', '>', '>=', '==', '!=', 'lt', 'le', 'gt', 'ge', 'eq', 'ne', Returns true if any argument tests true according to the operator used. none() Returns an object which overloads the following operators: '<', '<=', '>', '>=', '==', '!=', 'lt', 'le', 'gt', 'ge', 'eq', 'ne', Returns true only if no argument tests true according to the operator used. one() Returns an object which overloads the following operators: '<', '<=', '>', '>=', '==', '!=', 'lt', 'le', 'gt', 'ge', 'eq', 'ne', Returns true only if one and only one argument tests true according to the operator used. ALTERING JUNCTIONS
You cannot alter junctions. Instead, you can create new junctions out of old junctions. You can do this by calling the "values" method on a junction. my $numbers = any(qw/1 2 3 4 5/); print $numbers == 3 ? 'Yes' : 'No'; # Yes $numbers = any( grep { $_ != 3 } $numbers->values ); print $numbers == 3 ? 'Yes' : 'No'; # No EXPORT
'all', 'any', 'none', 'one', as requested. All subroutines can be called by its fully qualified name, if you don't want to export them. use Perl6::Junction; if (Perl6::Junction::any( @questions )) { ... } WARNING
When comparing against a regular expression, you must remember to use a regular expression object: "qr/d/" Not "/d/". You must also use either "==" or "!=". This is because "=~" and "!~" cannot be overriden. TO DO
Add overloading for arithmetic operators, such that this works: $result = any(2,3,4) * 2; if ($result == 8) {...} SUPPORT
/ BUGS Submit to the CPAN bugtracker <http://rt.cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Quantum::Superpositions provides the same functionality as this, and more. However, this module provides this limited functionality at a much greater runtime speed, with my benchmarks showing between 500% and 6000% improvment. <http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/design/exe/E06.html> - "The Wonderful World of Junctions". AUTHOR
Carl Franks ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to "Curtis "Ovid" Poe" for the "ALTERING JUNCTIONS" changes in release 0.40000. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005, Carl Franks. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself (perlgpl, perlartistic). perl v5.18.2 2013-08-21 Perl6::Junction(3)