Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Rcap is increasing load average. Why ? Post 303029893 by TioTony on Saturday 2nd of February 2019 01:48:12 PM
Old 02-02-2019
This is a long shot from the offline storage in my brain, but I recall having a similar issue about 15 years ago and it was due to a memory DIMM failure. Maybe check for some hardware failures on the system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

load average

we have an unix system which has load average normally about 20. but while i am running a particular unix batch which performs heavy operations on filesystem and database average load reduces to 15. how can we explain this situation? while running that batch idle cpu time is about %60-65... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average

Hello all, I have a question about load averages. I've read the man pages for the uptime and w command for two or three different flavors of Unix (Red Hat, Tru64, Solaris). All of them agree that in the output of the 2 aforementioned commands, you are given the load average for the box, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determening load average.

Hi, I'm new to shell scripting. I need to make a script to add on to my cronjobs. The script must get the value of load average from my server and if its greater than 10 it should stop my apache service. I cant find a way to get the value of load average in integer type to do the check. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibsonline
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top - Load average

Hello, Here is the output of top command. My understanding here is, the load average 0.03 in last 1 min, 0.02 is in last 5 min, 0.00 is in last 15 min. By seeing this load average, When can we say that, the system load averge is too high? When can we say that, load average is medium/low??... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

5. Solaris

load average query.

Hi, i have installed solaris 10 on t-5120 sparc enterprise. I am little surprised to see load average of 2 or around on this OS. when checked with ps command following process is using highest CPU. looks like it is running for long time and does not want to stop, but I do not know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help me in my load average

Hello AlL,.. I want from experts to help me as my load average is increased and i dont know where is the problem !! this is my top result : root@a4s # top top - 11:30:38 up 40 min, 1 user, load average: 3.06, 2.49, 4.66 Mem: 8168788k total, 2889596k used, 5279192k free, 47792k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: black-code
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average threshold

What should be the threshold for load average of a quad core processor? What constitutes "good" and "bad" load average values? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Load Average and Lwps

NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 320 oracle 23G 22G 69% 582:55:11 85% 47 root 148M 101M 0.3% 99:29:40 0.3% 53 rafmsdb 38M 60M 0.2% 0:46:17 0.1% 1 smmsp 1296K 5440K 0.0% 0:00:08 0.0% 7 daemon ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with load average?

how load average is calculated and what exactly is it difference between cpu% and load average (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
9 Replies

10. HP-UX

Load average unit

Hi, On load average graph, unit is 100m, 200m, 300...800m. I don't understand what it means. Thx for helping (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michenux
3 Replies
EDAC-UTIL(1)						   EDAC error reporting utility 					      EDAC-UTIL(1)

NAME
edac-util - EDAC error reporting utility. SYNOPSIS
edac-util [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The edac-util program reads information from EDAC (Error Detection and Correction) drivers in the kernel, using files exported by these drivers in sysfs. With no options, edac-util will report any uncorrected error (UE) or corrected error (CE) information recorded by EDAC, along with any DIMM label information registered with EDAC. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a summary of the command-line options. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. For some reports, edac-util will report corrected and uncorrected error counts for all MC, csrow, and channel combina- tions, even if the current count of errors is zero. The --quiet flag will suppress the display of any locations with zero errors, thus creating a more terse report. No output will be generated if there are zero total errors currently recorded by EDAC. Addition- ally, the use of --quiet will suppress all informational and debug messages, displaying only fatal errors. -v, --verbose Increase verbosity. Multiple -v's may be used. -s, --status Displays the current status of EDAC drivers. edac-util will report whether it detects that EDAC drivers are loaded, and the number of memory controllers (MCs) found in sysfs. In verbose mode, the MC id and name of each controller will also be printed. -r, --report=report,... Specify the report to generate. Currently, the available reports are default, simple, full, ue, and ce. These reports are detailed in the EDAC REPORTS section below. More than one report may be specified in a comma-separated list. EDAC REPORTS
default The default edac-util report is generated when the program is run without any options. If there are no errors logged by EDAC, this report will display "No errors to report." to stdout. Otherwise, error counts for each MC, csrow, channel combination with attrib- uted errors are displayed, along with corresponding DIMM labels, if these labels have been registered in sysfs. The default report will also display any errors that do not have any DIMM information. These errors occur when errors are reported in the memory controller overflow register, indicating that more than one error occurred during a given EDAC poll cycle. It is usu- ally obvious from which DIMM locations these errors were generated. simple The simple report reports total corrected and uncorrected errors for each MC detected on the system. It also displays a tally of total errors. With the --quiet option, only non-zero error counts are displayed. full The full report generates a line of output for every MC, csrow, channel combination found in EDAC sysfs. This includes counts of errors with no information ("noinfo" errors). Output is of the form: MC:(csrow|noinfo):(label|all):(UE|CE):count With the --quiet option, only non-zero error counts will be displayed. ue This report simply displays the total number of Uncorrected Errors (UEs) detected on the system. With the --quiet option, output will be suppressed unless there are 1 or more errors to report. ce This report simply displays the total number of Corrected Errors (CEs) detected on the system. With the --quiet option, output will be suppressed unless there are 1 or more errors to report. SEE ALSO
edac(3), edac-ctl(8) edac-utils-0.16-1 2009-01-30 EDAC-UTIL(1)