Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with running a script via ssh Post 303029888 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 2nd of February 2019 09:25:44 AM
Old 02-02-2019
Hi, try:
Code:
ssh -t username@server 'cd /path/to/script; ./script.sh -t start'

/path/to/script is not in the PATH variable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to verify SSH is running

Writing a simple test script that looks for ssh, kills if its running and verifies if its still running. If it isn't, move on. My issue, its cause I don't know how, is to verify if ssh is running still. Also, is there a way have this do this on a remote server? I already have the ssh keys... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djinn
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running script in cron - with ssh commands - not working

I ran an ssh command to run a script on a remote server ssh -l <user> <servername> /path/to/script/scriptname This works fine - and the script is executed correctly. However - I put this command into a script, that I want to run from cron every hour, to execute the file on the remote... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
31 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Running script through SSH as root

Hi all, I have a situation where I have a shell script that I need to run remotely on multiple *nix machines via SSH. Unfortunately, some of the commands in it require root access. I know that best practices for ssh entail configuring it so that the root account cannot log in, you need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irinotecan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a function on a remote server via SSH in a script

I'm working on a script (mostly for practice) to simplify a task I have to do every now and then. I have a cluster with 6 servers on it, each server has a directory with a set of files called *.pid and *.mpid. Each file contains the pid of a process that may or may not be running on that server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Connection drops - but does my script keep running?

Hello there. I'm fairly new to Linux, but I am connecting via SSH and PuTTY to a remote server, and I am running a fairly heavy MySQL script in a PHP page. Our connection here is dodgy to say the least and I get continuous disconnections. My question is, when I get disconnected, does my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: christatedavies
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script and commands through SSH

Hello All, I am trying to run some simulations through SSH from my mac on our university SOLARIS system. My problem is that whenever I want to execute a command I get an error which says "Invalid argument". Maybe I should explain more what I want to do and what I did. Firstly I installed a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apfik
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh does not work in script while running crontab

Hi All, I have prepared a small script to monitor few applications running on diff unix boxes(frontend/backed node1/node2 etc). ssh does not work for node2 when script executed from crontab..:wall: it work fine when i run it manually. Regards, Pavan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanchouksey
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Local Script from SSH with SUDO

Hello, I know for SSH'ing and running a local script is... ssh -t user@servername < /path/to/localscript.sh and with SSH'ing and SUDO'ing is... ssh -t user@servername "sudo -u username ls -l /home/username" My inquiry is how can I combine both, by SSH'ing and SUDO'ing but running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WPGPoseidon
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script still running after ssh

I have the lines below on my script: script.ksh: case `hostname` in some_host) ssh server1A "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1B "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1C "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1D "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Script at a location with SSH

Hi All I have created a script which is running properly "Script". I want that script to run when I login into another server. in the code below: when ssh is executed it asks for password ..After entering password the user is logged in but the script does not run.... whereas when I exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pulkitbahl
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)