Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with running a script via ssh Post 303029887 by xsam on Saturday 2nd of February 2019 09:20:21 AM
Old 02-02-2019
Issue with running a script via ssh

Hi, I'm trying to run a user defined shell script with options and arguments via ssh but getting error as
Code:
ksh: Script.sh: not found

Here is what i'm running:
Code:
ssh -t username@server 'cd /path/to/script; script.sh -t start

here '-t' with script.sh, is an user defined option and 'start' is also user defined argument. I'm running this script from Linux (2.6.18-419.el5) and doing ssh to HP-UX B.11.23. Other commands like 'top', 'ls', 'pwd' are working with ssh, but the user defined script with option and argument are returning 'not found' error. Appreciate any help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to verify SSH is running

Writing a simple test script that looks for ssh, kills if its running and verifies if its still running. If it isn't, move on. My issue, its cause I don't know how, is to verify if ssh is running still. Also, is there a way have this do this on a remote server? I already have the ssh keys... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djinn
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running script in cron - with ssh commands - not working

I ran an ssh command to run a script on a remote server ssh -l <user> <servername> /path/to/script/scriptname This works fine - and the script is executed correctly. However - I put this command into a script, that I want to run from cron every hour, to execute the file on the remote... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
31 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Running script through SSH as root

Hi all, I have a situation where I have a shell script that I need to run remotely on multiple *nix machines via SSH. Unfortunately, some of the commands in it require root access. I know that best practices for ssh entail configuring it so that the root account cannot log in, you need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irinotecan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a function on a remote server via SSH in a script

I'm working on a script (mostly for practice) to simplify a task I have to do every now and then. I have a cluster with 6 servers on it, each server has a directory with a set of files called *.pid and *.mpid. Each file contains the pid of a process that may or may not be running on that server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Connection drops - but does my script keep running?

Hello there. I'm fairly new to Linux, but I am connecting via SSH and PuTTY to a remote server, and I am running a fairly heavy MySQL script in a PHP page. Our connection here is dodgy to say the least and I get continuous disconnections. My question is, when I get disconnected, does my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: christatedavies
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script and commands through SSH

Hello All, I am trying to run some simulations through SSH from my mac on our university SOLARIS system. My problem is that whenever I want to execute a command I get an error which says "Invalid argument". Maybe I should explain more what I want to do and what I did. Firstly I installed a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apfik
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh does not work in script while running crontab

Hi All, I have prepared a small script to monitor few applications running on diff unix boxes(frontend/backed node1/node2 etc). ssh does not work for node2 when script executed from crontab..:wall: it work fine when i run it manually. Regards, Pavan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanchouksey
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Local Script from SSH with SUDO

Hello, I know for SSH'ing and running a local script is... ssh -t user@servername < /path/to/localscript.sh and with SSH'ing and SUDO'ing is... ssh -t user@servername "sudo -u username ls -l /home/username" My inquiry is how can I combine both, by SSH'ing and SUDO'ing but running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WPGPoseidon
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script still running after ssh

I have the lines below on my script: script.ksh: case `hostname` in some_host) ssh server1A "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1B "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1C "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1D "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Script at a location with SSH

Hi All I have created a script which is running properly "Script". I want that script to run when I login into another server. in the code below: when ssh is executed it asks for password ..After entering password the user is logged in but the script does not run.... whereas when I exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pulkitbahl
1 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project