Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove linked file
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove linked file Post 303029871 by abdossamad2003 on Saturday 2nd of February 2019 03:25:55 AM
Old 02-02-2019
Do not make mistakes my question is this way
Suppose you have a list of files and directories. We want to delete a number of files as soft links. We want to do this individually by the hard command, we want to do some grammar code in the script.
I could not find the forum search

any help would be appropirate
samad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically linked file

Hi friends , how do i view a dynamically linked file in unix ? its there on other system and do i have to ftp it in ASCII format or binary ? and after the ftp how do i view it ? thanks in advance veeras (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dynamically linked file

Hi friends, i have a dynamically linked file on my solaris system.this is script that runs regularly. How can i read the contents of that ? when i tried to say "vi filename " then it says executable and nothing is seen. Please help. thanks in advance Veera (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way to see what and who is linked to file?

Hello like the topic says... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wrongly linked my new file ..

Hi All, I was trying to point /unix-> new unix kernel ( unix_64_A ).. but instead by mistakenly i did the other way ..my new unix ( unix_64_A -> /unix ) ?? .. unfortunately i have only one copy of unix_64_A ..is there any way to solve this problem ..please help me asap . Thanks Vamshi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddaonline
4 Replies

5. Linux

reg-linked file

How to check this linked path, and the folder what is contains.. as i am new to linux, pls assist me lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Jun 24 2008 mail -> spool/mail/ Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

6. SCO

SCO linked libraries

How do i get the list of linked libraries in a built binaries on SCO UNIX. I appreciate your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: param_it
1 Replies

7. Programming

Help with linked list in C

i have this code typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; struct client_list * next; int client_socket_fd; } client; client *current, *head; head = NULL; char *h="test"; add_client(current, h, head, &client_socket_fd); ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
24 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linked Servers

Hi, We have 2 UNIX Servers, say test1 and test2. Here, if I create a file or folder/delete a file or folder in the 1st server, it gets reflected automatically in the 2nd server. I don't think any links are established between these 2 servers. Both these have 2 different hostnames. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

9. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a dynamically linked executable file?

So I have a file called queens.cc and I need to do the following: Compile and make a .o file while specifying that the compiler is to search /student/214/include for system include files. Use g++, link and load .o file to make a dynamically linked executable file called queens and to also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
1 Replies
tracker-search(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-search(1)

NAME
tracker-search - Search all content for keywords SYNOPSIS
tracker-search [OPTION...] EXPRESSION [EXPRESSION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-search searches all indexed content for EXPRESSION. The resource in which EXPRESSION matches must exist (see --all for more infor- mation). All results are returned in ascending order. In all cases, if no EXPRESSION is given for an argument (like --folders for example) then ALL items in that category are returned instead. EXPRESSION One or more terms to search. The default operation is a logical AND. For logical OR operations, see -r. OPTIONS
-?, --help Give a short help message. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 512. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -d, --detailed Show the unique URN associated with each search result. This does not apply to --music-albums and --music-artists. -a, --all Show results which might not be available. This might bebecause a removable media is not mounted for example. Without this option, resources are only shown if they exist. This option applies to all command line switches except --music-albums and --music-artists. -f, --files=EXPRESSION Search for files of any type matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --folders=EXPRESSION Search for folders matching EXPRESSION (optional). -m, --music=EXPRESSION Search for music files matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-albums=ALBUM Search for music albums matching ALBUM (optional). --music-artists=ARTIST Search for music artists matching ARTIST (optional). -l, --images=EXPRESSION Search for images matching EXPRESSION (optional). -v, --videos=EXPRESSION Search for videos matching EXPRESSION (optional). -t, --documents=EXPRESSION Search for documents matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --emails=EXPRESSION Search for emails matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of subjects for emails found. -c, --contacts=EXPRESSION Search for contacts matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of names and email addresses found. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-search(1)