Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here Post 303029801 by Neo on Friday 1st of February 2019 02:25:33 AM
Old 02-01-2019
Update:

Please visit Patreon and become a Blue Badge sponsor if you wish to have VIP member benefits and to help us create the next generation user experience at unix.com.

Or, if you wish to make a more modest contribution (or a larger one) we offer a number of Patreon sponsorship tiers.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to register an email address in unix

Hi, Could anyone please let me know, process to send an email from unix server ( SunOS 5.9). Also, explain the requirements should have. Specify the location to register an email (abc@xyz.com) in unix? Please help!! Thanks!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenvi
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP membership email error

Variable for password request did not resolve properly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
CASPERD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						CASPERD(8)

NAME
casperd -- Capability Services friendly daemon SYNOPSIS
casperd [-Fhv] [-D servconfdir] [-P pidfile] [-S sockpath] [-Fhv] [-D servconfdir] [-P pidfile] [-S sockpath] DESCRIPTION
The casperd daemon hosts various services that can be accessed through libcapsicum's capabilities by programs running in sandboxes. For example it is prohibited to send UDP packets to arbitrary destinations when operating in capability mode, which makes DNS resolution impossi- ble. To make it possible the casperd daemon provides the system.dns service that proxies DNS resolution requests through a dedicated, non- sandboxed process provided by casperd. The casperd daemon can be started with the following command line arguments: -D servconfdir Specify alternative location of the service configuration directory. The default location is /etc/casper/. -F Start the casperd daemon in the foreground. By default casperd starts in the background. -h Print the casperd usage message. -P pidfile Specify alternative location of a file where main process PID will be stored. The default location is /var/run/casperd.pid. -S sockpath Specify alternative location of the unix(4) domain socket used to connect to the casperd daemon. The default location is /var/run/casper. -v Print or log verbose/debugging information. This option can be specified multiple times to raise the verbosity level. FILES
/etc/casper/ The configuration directory for casperd services. /var/run/casper unix(4) domain socket used to connect to the casperd daemon. /var/run/casperd.pid The default location of the casperd PID file. EXIT STATUS
The casperd daemon exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cap_enter(2), libcapsicum(3), pidfile(3), capsicum(4), unix(4) AUTHORS
The casperd was implemented by Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pawel@dawidek.net> under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation. BSD
October 26, 2013 BSD