Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++, std:ofstream, and controlling an amplifiers mute function Post 303029780 by Neo on Thursday 31st of January 2019 11:53:33 PM
Old 02-01-2019
Have you considered doing a stack trace to hunt down the timing issue for this?

What system are you working on and what is the C++ compiler you are using, etc?
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Mute Question (I Think)

Is there any way to mute an application from the command line? Thanks for any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Switchfoot
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect std out and std err to same file

Hi I want both standard output and standard error of my command cmd to go to the same file log.txt. please let me know the best commandline to do this. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
2 Replies

3. Programming

Sun Studio C++ - Getting error in linking std::ostream &std::ostream::operator<<(std:

Hello all Im using CC: Sun C++ 5.6 2004/07/15 and using the -library=stlport4 when linkning im getting The fallowing error : Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::ostream &std::ostream::operator<<(std::ios_base&(*)(std::ios_base&))... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting std error

Hi, I use the following command make all > output-`date +%F-%H-%M-%S`.txt 2>&1 to invoke a MAKE process that takes some weeks to complete. The ouput is redirected to a text file. Now I prefix the above command with time to get time needed for completion of the MAKE process time make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkamendje
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Getopt::Std

I am working on a script that lists files in a directory with a few file attributes depending on what option the user specifies at the command prompt. The script uses Getopt::Std and takes two switches. The first switch allows the user to specify a directory, the second switch gives a long... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
3 Replies

6. Programming

Porting ofstream attach() in linux gcc

Hi We have a huge codebase in HP-UX and we are porting them in RH-Linux. I am facing the problem of making the following code work in gcc - ofstream ofs; int fd = open(fileName, openState, openMode)); func(fd); ...... ...... const Boolean func(const int fileDescriptor) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

7. Programming

attach is not a member of ofstream

Hi, Code written in C++ got compiled successfully using Sun 4.2 Compiler on Solaris 6. As part of migration, i am using same code and trying to compile using Sun 5.8 C++ compiler(Sun Studio11) on Solaris 10 and could not compile the below line, outStr.attach(1); // here outStr is declared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

8. Programming

C++ compilation error when I use predicate friend function in the std::sort()

Hi, Can anyone tell me why the following program is giving compiler error when I use a friend function of a class as the comparison predicate for the third parameter of std::sort() algorithm? How to correct it, keep the 'friend' intact? #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <list>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Disable / mute microphone from command line

Googling suggested "osascript -e 'set volume 0' " but that doesn't work. I know I'd found this before... some command-line utility that had something to do with audio, mixers, whatever, but I forgot to keep it somewhere I could find it. I did find references to writing an AppleScript app, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

"rhgb quiet" controlling the display of commands in single user mode ?"rhgb quiet" controlling the d

Why does removing "rhgb quiet" from the kernel boot parameters control whether or not the commands I enter are displayed in single user mode ? For instance, if I do not remove "rhgb quiet", when I am in single user mode, whatever command I type will not be displayed on the screen. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies
STACK(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  STACK(9)

NAME
stack -- kernel thread stack tracing routines SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/stack.h> In the kernel configuration file: options DDB options STACK struct stack * stack_create(void); void stack_destroy(struct stack *st); int stack_put(struct stack *st, vm_offset_t pc); void stack_copy(struct stack *src, struct stack dst); void stack_zero(struct stack *st); void stack_print(struct stack *st); void stack_print_ddb(struct stack *st); void stack_print_short(struct stack *st); void stack_print_short_ddb(struct stack *st); void stack_sbuf_print(struct sbuf sb*, struct stack *st); void stack_sbuf_print_ddb(struct sbuf sb*, struct stack *st); void stack_save(struct stack *st); DESCRIPTION
The stack KPI allows querying of kernel stack trace information and the automated generation of kernel stack trace strings for the purposes of debugging and tracing. To use the KPI, at least one of options DDB and options STACK must be compiled into the kernel. Each stack trace is described by a struct stack. Before a trace may be created or otherwise manipulated, storage for the trace must be allo- cated with stack_create(), which may sleep. Memory associated with a trace is freed by calling stack_destroy(). A trace of the current kernel thread's call stack may be captured using stack_save(). stack_print() and stack_print_short() may be used to print a stack trace using the kernel printf(9), and may sleep as a result of acquiring sx(9) locks in the kernel linker while looking up symbol names. In locking-sensitive environments, the unsynchronized stack_print_ddb() and stack_print_short_ddb() variants may be invoked. This function bypasses kernel linker locking, making it usable in ddb(4), but not in a live system where linker data structures may change. stack_sbuf_print() may be used to construct a human-readable string, including conversion (where possible) from a simple kernel instruction pointer to a named symbol and offset. The argument sb must be an initialized struct sbuf as described in sbuf(9). This function may sleep if an auto-extending struct sbuf is used, or due to kernel linker locking. In locking-sensitive environments, such as ddb(4), the unsynchro- nized stack_sbuf_print_ddb() variant may be invoked to avoid kernel linker locking; it should be used with a fixed-length sbuf. The utility functions stack_zero, stack_copy, and stack_put may be used to manipulate stack data structures directly. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), printf(9), sbuf(9), sx(9) AUTHORS
The stack(9) function suite was created by Antoine Brodin. stack(9) was extended by Robert Watson for general-purpose use outside of ddb(4). BSD
June 24, 2009 BSD