Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Private Messages.
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Private Messages. Post 303029756 by bakunin on Thursday 31st of January 2019 03:03:06 PM
Old 01-31-2019
When you log on to the site you are autmatically notified when there are new PMs. Since i always clear all cookies and every web content when i close the browser i have to relogin every time i start a new session here and i am notified that way. I found that it is a good ide to whitelist unix.com from the pop-up blocker so that the PMs are getting opened in a separate window.

Wolf
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Private Lessons

Hi everyone, I'm looking to hire for private lessons a individual who is presently working as a unix system administrator or instructor in school who is teaching unix. I live in Clifton nj my nubmer is Cell **no phonenumbers on this forum** or email **no emails on this forum** please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john furman
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Private network

Hi all, Currently we are in the progress of setting up a private network on all of our Sun Solaris servers. Purpose is to move all backup tasks to the private, hence reduce load on public network. Some of our servers only consists of 1 network card but with several ports. Shall we purchase... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
10 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Keeping old Private Messages

I am getting a warning that "Your PM box is 92% full." I have received (and kept) 46 messages; the upper limit is 50 messages. Is there a way to increase this limit, or to store the messages off-line in a way that would permit me to import them back to the site if I want to? 50 messages seems... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: era
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

What's the difference between /etc and /private/etc?

Hello, whilst editing sudoers at 07:24 this morning via visudo I noticed that there are two files which get changed simultaneously as shown below. Then in fact what I noticed is that /private/etc contains exactly what /etc contains. Why is this? What is the difference between these two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michellepace
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Private Network

Hello, I have a desktop which has two network cards installed on it and I connected these two card through a hub. On the desktop in have installed a Windows Vista Home Edition SO and a Windowx XP SO in a virtual way. I also had intalled a Virtual BOX software and Windows XP run through it. By... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zendcool
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Private Key

I have two types of files pubring.pkr secring.skr secring.skr is encrypted and not able to read. How can i read secring.skr in text format after decrypting ? is there any way of decrypting this file? Unix HP - UX Version. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: airesh
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Private messages

Hi, As i am recieving private messages, i am unable to reply to them. Could you please enable my private messages. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
2 Replies
GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)

NAME
git-web--browse - Git helper script to launch a web browser SYNOPSIS
git web--browse [OPTIONS] URL/FILE ... DESCRIPTION
This script tries, as much as possible, to display the URLs and FILEs that are passed as arguments, as HTML pages in new tabs on an already opened web browser. The following browsers (or commands) are currently supported: o firefox (this is the default under X Window when not using KDE) o iceweasel o seamonkey o iceape o chromium (also supported as chromium-browser) o google-chrome (also supported as chrome) o konqueror (this is the default under KDE, see Note about konqueror below) o opera o w3m (this is the default outside graphical environments) o elinks o links o lynx o dillo o open (this is the default under Mac OS X GUI) o start (this is the default under MinGW) o cygstart (this is the default under Cygwin) o xdg-open Custom commands may also be specified. OPTIONS
-b <browser>, --browser=<browser> Use the specified browser. It must be in the list of supported browsers. -t <browser>, --tool=<browser> Same as above. -c <conf.var>, --config=<conf.var> CONF.VAR is looked up in the Git config files. If it's set, then its value specifies the browser that should be used. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CONF.VAR (from -c option) and web.browser The web browser can be specified using a configuration variable passed with the -c (or --config) command line option, or the web.browser configuration variable if the former is not used. browser.<tool>.path You can explicitly provide a full path to your preferred browser by setting the configuration variable browser.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to firefox by setting browser.firefox.path. Otherwise, git web--browse assumes the tool is available in PATH. browser.<tool>.cmd When the browser, specified by options or configuration variables, is not among the supported ones, then the corresponding browser.<tool>.cmd configuration variable will be looked up. If this variable exists then git web--browse will treat the specified tool as a custom command and will use a shell eval to run the command with the URLs passed as arguments. NOTE ABOUT KONQUEROR
When konqueror is specified by a command line option or a configuration variable, we launch kfmclient to try to open the HTML man page on an already opened konqueror in a new tab if possible. For consistency, we also try such a trick if browser.konqueror.path is set to something like A_PATH_TO/konqueror. That means we will try to launch A_PATH_TO/kfmclient instead. If you really want to use konqueror, then you can use something like the following: [web] browser = konq [browser "konq"] cmd = A_PATH_TO/konqueror Note about git-config --global Note that these configuration variables should probably be set using the --global flag, for example like this: $ git config --global web.browser firefox as they are probably more user specific than repository specific. See git-config(1) for more information about this. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)