Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need Hardware help on a RP4440 that lost the RTC and does not see both hard drives Post 303029739 by mrmurdock on Thursday 31st of January 2019 01:12:59 PM
Old 01-31-2019
Need Hardware help on a RP4440 that lost the RTC and does not see both hard drives

Since the lost of the rtc all the settings became default. Does anyone remember what needs to be reset to discover both Hard drives? It sees the DVD and the scsi disk (intscsib.0) in 0/1/1/1.0 (disk 1 slot) but not 0/1/1/0.1 (intscsia.1)(disk 0 slot).
Right now, from the service menu, scsi shows both paths at scsi Initiator ID 7 and Auto TERM is unknown, Cannot set the AUTO TERM. I have set the scsi ID to be different on the controller paths, but still cannot identify second disk. The RP4440 Service guide and Maintanence Guide and User Guides are not much help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard drives

Will some one tell me what this means. "warning: ida 0 <slot 6> : command timed out on dev 1/42 blk 4824290 logical unit=0 blocks=5512102, size 2, cmd=0x20." I'm running SCO 505 on a proliant 1600r. Thnank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. Linux

No Hard Drives Have Been Found

I am using an Acer Aspire 4720Z with two partitions C and D. Windows is installed on C and I decided to install Red Hat Linux 9 in partition D. The two partitions are in NTFS file system. During my installation of the the Linux, a prompt was displayed on screen with the message: "No hard drives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamcomng
2 Replies

3. Solaris

formating and repartitioning an external hard drives

Version: solaris 10 x86 I just got a western digital external harddrive formated with fat 32. this drive came with some setup files which is meant for windows or mac. I want to reformat and partition this drive into two ( for solaris and windows) such that the setup files will still be there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

4. Linux

Is my data lost? Installed Linux, no longer can I access my hard drives.

Here's the story - I installed Linux on my Y drive, and all went well until I tried to boot into XP again. I can't access or install an operating system to my other three hard drives, C, X, and Z. I think that during the install my hard drives were changed to something other then NTFS, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ironkey
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help adding new hard drives

Folks; I just added 2 physical new hard drives to my SUSE server. My server is already running SUSE 10.3 version. Is there a command i can use to add the new space or even see if the system can sees them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Reinstall old hard drives

I have a T2000 Sun-Fire server. I have 2 sets of drives in a raid 1. Lets call them Set A and Set B. I had Set A installed and working. I needed a new install so I so build up Set B. After some time I wanted to put Set A back in the server. Now the system will not boot off of Set A. I tried to boot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stu1811
7 Replies

7. Hardware

Hard Drives and MBR

Hello everyone. I have a question which I may know the answer to, I'm just looking for a confirmation. When it comes to the MBR of a hard drive, i've read in multiple sources that it's always located in the first sector of the hard drive. Is the MBR there from the factory? When I buy a new blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Trying to boot Solaris without hard drives in T5220

I have three Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I am trying to just get the processor information psrinfo or prtdiag -v from the # prompt in single user mode. I am needing to know the commands to get to boot the CD/DVD of the Solaris OS. I am using it via Serial Port Management. Tinkering around I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Accessing Hard Drives

Hi, I have two SCSI Hard Drives in a Sun Solaris 8 server as shown below. I would like to access Disk1 and look at its contents, directory structure and files. How do I change my default directory from Disk 0 to Disk 1 and vice versa? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Understanding volumes and hard drives

Ok so i thought i was smart but i can tell I need some help. I am playing around with understanding lvm and adding disks to a linux box. I added a disk and then ran what i thought were commands to add this disk to the box but I think I messed up and would like some help. My question is did i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cptkirkh
5 Replies
tk_scsiformat(8)					       Scsiinfo User's Guide						  tk_scsiformat(8)

NAME
tk_scsiformat - low level format an scsi disk device with a nice user interface SYNOPSIS
tk_scsiformat [device] DESCRIPTION
Low level formats the SCSI device identified by the scsi disk or generic scsi device node device. You must be root to perform this opera- tion. When you do not specify a device, tk_scsiformat gives you a list to select a disk device from. tk_scsiformat is a Tcl/Tk user interface to scsiformat(8). You should read that manual page for the general operation of scsiformat. All common X11 and Tcl/Tk options apply. By the nature of graphical user interfaces, there should not be much to explain here. All entry fields refer directly to scsiformat(8) options. In addition to those, you are able to save your selections to be used as defaults for this device next time in a file /usr/lib/scsi/scsi- format.defs.* by pressing the <Save Defaults> button. This is intended and very handy for formatting of removable medias. Note, however, that tk_scsiformat is not as clever as scsiformat(8) (or even tries to be) to find if multiple ways to refer to the same scsi device (disk device, generic device). Furthermore, you can select (or enter freely) a command to automatically make a file system on the newly formatted disk. While formatting a nice completion bar is drawn. Alas, I could not really implement querying progress from a target device yet. The /usr/lib/scsi/tworands binary is used to calculate two random integers which is not supported by plain Tcl/Tk. BUGS
When not specifying a device to format, tk_scsiformat will prepare a list of disk devices to choose from. Alas, if a blocking format opera- tion is running on one of them, tk_scsiformat will block in a non interruptible disk wait sleep. Old status files in /tmp will confuse tk_scsiformat. However, they are removed after 48 hours. Restrictions of the SCSI_IOCTL_SEND_COMMAND ioctl(2) call for the sd(4) device make it impossible to issue a FORMAT_UNIT command with more than 4096 bytes of arguments. This could be avoided by using the proper generic scsi device /dev/sg* instead, at least where the kernel is compiled to support it. Most of the time this is not needed though and thus I'm myself to lazy to do it. FILES
/usr/lib/scsi/tworands /usr/lib/scsi/scsiformat.defs.* /tmp/scsiformat.xx:xx:xx:xx:xxxxxxxx /dev/sd* /dev/sg* SEE ALSO
scsiformat(8), scsiinfo(8), scsi-config(8), fdisk(8), sd(4). AUTHOR
Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de> scsiinfo 1.7 23 August 1997 tk_scsiformat(8)