Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why is ./ sometimes needed?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why is ./ sometimes needed? Post 303029722 by Xubuntu56 on Thursday 31st of January 2019 07:10:25 AM
Old 01-31-2019
Wow! My question grew some legs!
I aspire to reach the level of understanding evident in this thread.
Is there a way I can make a humble donation to support this great site?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help is needed

Hi I'm trying to print a directories struct tree that will look like this: A _a _b _B __c __d __C ___e B _a _b I'm doing a recursion, but how can I know how much space is needed before printing after the recursion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcde
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed

Hello I am a newbie and want to learn unix . Does unix and linux are one and same. I have red hat linux cd but i want to take advice from some one wheather unix and linux are same. If not ,where i'll get a Unix os setup and how i'll install it. If linux would do then how should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunter87
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed

HI can any one help me with the appropriate answers for the below: 1.Enter an # before a command and press .what do you see,and how do you think you can take advantage of the behaviour? 2.Is tar -cvfb20foo.tar*.c legitimate or not.will this command work without the - symbol? 3.The command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhil1460
1 Replies

4. AIX

Little help needed.

Hello, I am quite new to AIX, but have Linux experience. Iam facing a peoblem with AIX 5.2 running on a 43p Model 150 (RS6000). I tried everyting and i cant have the network to run properly. :confused: /etc/hosts looks like this: 127.0.0.1 loopback localhost 192.168.XXX.XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Netghost
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

little help needed..

hi everyone i'm a noob trying to learn unix language.. but seems like i got no leads on how to start.. i'm playing with the 'ps' command.. i'm trying to show the pid, ppid, username, command, cpu utilization (in desc order), process start time and process status.. all in a command.. am i able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilofat
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed please.

i've been given an assignment to Write a system utility called recycle that satisfies the following requirements as they might be displayed in a UNIX/Linux man page: NAME recycle - stores files in a recycle bin SYNOPSIS recycle ... DESCRIPTION Recycle is a replacement for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerryboy78
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed ....

Hi... I have a folder /home/data ;where some files are present. aaa_asas.txt bbb_xxx.txt ccc_xsxas.txt ddd_sa2esa.txt ------ Also I have a file which is as follows.(/home/file1) cat /home/file1 aaa you bbb are ccc very ddd good -------- now I want to rename all the files in the folder... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbee1
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed...

Guys, There is a file where there are 1000s of records. In the file if some condition satisfies in a certain TAB record (TAB would be first 3 digits of a certain record) then move TAB and all the records (or lines) after TAB to new_file, until another TAB record is encountered in the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prat007
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed

please reply for this https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/111493-cutting-lines.html its really urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
2 Replies
Package::DeprecationManager(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Package::DeprecationManager(3)

NAME
Package::DeprecationManager - Manage deprecation warnings for your distribution VERSION
version 0.13 SYNOPSIS
package My::Class; use Package::DeprecationManager -deprecations => { 'My::Class::foo' => '0.02', 'My::Class::bar' => '0.05', 'feature-X' => '0.07', }; sub foo { deprecated( 'Do not call foo!' ); ... } sub bar { deprecated(); ... } sub baz { my %args = @_; if ( $args{foo} ) { deprecated( message => ..., feature => 'feature-X', ); } } package Other::Class; use My::Class -api_version => '0.04'; My::Class->new()->foo(); # warns My::Class->new()->bar(); # does not warn My::Class->new()->bar(); # does not warn again DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to manage a set of deprecations for one or more modules. When you import "Package::DeprecationManager", you must provide a set of "-deprecations" as a hash ref. The keys are "feature" names, and the values are the version when that feature was deprecated. In many cases, you can simply use the fully qualified name of a subroutine or method as the feature name. This works for cases where the whole subroutine is deprecated. However, the feature names can be any string. This is useful if you don't want to deprecate an entire subroutine, just a certain usage. You can also provide an optional array reference in the "-ignore" parameter. The values to be ignored can be package names or regular expressions (made with "qr//"). Use this to ignore packages in your distribution that can appear on the call stack when a deprecated feature is used. As part of the import process, "Package::DeprecationManager" will export two subroutines into its caller. It provides an "import()" sub for the caller and a "deprecated()" sub. The "import()" sub allows callers of your class to specify an "-api_version" parameter. If this is supplied, then deprecation warnings are only issued for deprecations for api versions earlier than the one specified. You must call the "deprecated()" sub in each deprecated subroutine. When called, it will issue a warning using "Carp::cluck()". The "deprecated()" sub can be called in several ways. If you do not pass any arguments, it will generate an appropriate warning message. If you pass a single argument, this is used as the warning message. Finally, you can call it with named arguments. Currently, the only allowed names are "message" and "feature". The "feature" argument should correspond to the feature name passed in the "-deprecations" hash. If you don't explicitly specify a feature, the "deprecated()" sub uses "caller()" to identify its caller, using its fully qualified subroutine name. A given deprecation warning is only issued once for a given package. This module tracks this based on both the feature name and the error message itself. This means that if you provide several different error messages for the same feature, all of those errors will appear. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-package-deprecationmanager@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. DONATIONS
If you'd like to thank me for the work I've done on this module, please consider making a "donation" to me via PayPal. I spend a lot of free time creating free software, and would appreciate any support you'd care to offer. Please note that I am not suggesting that you must do this in order for me to continue working on this particular software. I will continue to do so, inasmuch as I have in the past, for as long as it interests me. Similarly, a donation made in this way will probably not make me work on this software much more, unless I get so many donations that I can consider working on free software full time, which seems unlikely at best. To donate, log into PayPal and send money to autarch@urth.org or use the button on this page: http://www.urth.org/~autarch/fs-donation.html <http://www.urth.org/~autarch/fs-donation.html> CREDITS
The idea for this functionality and some of its implementation was originally created as Class::MOP::Deprecated by Goro Fuji. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2012 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.16.2 2012-03-09 Package::DeprecationManager(3)