Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cant log in from external monitor on laptop with broken screen. Post 303029572 by bakunin on Tuesday 29th of January 2019 06:45:54 AM
Old 01-29-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by debpleb293
I do have the laptop function keys, but when I press the FN + F5 it just makes the screen flash for a split second without switching it.
The Acers have a "Fn" key modifier but the various models are not consistent about which key goes to what: some models have

Code:
- Fn-key + F<n>-key = "normal" F-key
- F<n>-key = special laptop functions like "switch screen", "higher/lower brightness", etc.

and on some models this is reversed. If i remember correctly i needed to adjust that in the BIOS of my own Acer E5-774G so that the F<n>-keys are working normally without having to press <Fn> each time. Try "F5" alone (without the <Fn> key) as this may switch the screen.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

PS: you may need this link with a manual for your laptop

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Can you use a gps touch screen for a monitor?

I have been looking for a monitor wich i can hold in my hands comfortably and just sit back and relax with it doing my computer work on it via touch screen. Is it possible since the gps has usb to control my pc wich it? and view my desktop? If not does anyone know of a monitor that would work. Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FaoX666
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Using Xorg t extend laptop screen to external monitor

Hey, I was trying to configure my laptop's xorg.conf file so I could use a external monitor. But things got messed up and now I can't get the original back (meaning a high resolution desktop on the laptop). What went wrong? How is it possible that the server always gets stuck at the line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElJavi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor Port, if active, pipe command to screen

I am a linux newbie and I am learning. I need a script that will monitor a port and if active -- only active, not listening or waiting -- then pipe some commands to the screen as if they were typed on the keyboard. Can a bash or perl script do this and if so, could someone help me out? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulgin
0 Replies

4. Hardware

get touch screen driver for Dell ST222OT Monitor

Hi We're looking for linux touch screen module (driver) for Dell ST222OT Monitor. BTW Has someone already tried to use this monitor under linux and the touch screen works? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use “tail -f” to monitor and report, but the top line should be always fixed on the screen.

Title: Use “tail -f” to monitor and report, but the top line should be always fixed on the screen. Hi, dear Unix experts, I am trying to find a Unix command (or scripting) on how to continuously display a text file of its last several lines of contents. But during this displaying, I want some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: df3c
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Screen Resolution on External Monitor from RHEL 6.3

Hey everyone, I have a KVM or External monitor (19" Dell) that I am trying to hook up to a laptop running RHEL 6.3 (via VGA which is the only option). When I connect it, and go to System->Preferences->Display, the max resolution option it provides me for these external devices is 1280x1024. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchaud10
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ability to use vSphere client to monitor guest VMs on my laptop

Hi guys. I'm a newbie to VMs. What I want to achieve is that I create VMs on my laptop that I can monitor and access using vSphere client. I am using an Acer laptop with intel processor. Which hypervisor will i need ? How do I need to install it ? Is these any free solution ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies
glutSpecialUpFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutSpecialUpFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpecialUpFunc - sets the special keyboard up (key release) callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutSpecialUpFunc(void (*func)(int key, int x, int y)); ARGUMENTS
func The new special callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpecialUpFunc sets the special keyboard up (key release) callback for the current window. The special keyboard up callback is triggered when keyboard function or directional keys are released. The key callback parameter is a GLUT_KEY_* constant for the special key pressed. The x and y callback parameters indicate the mouse in window relative coordinates when the key was pressed. When a new window is created, no special up callback is initially registered and special key releases in the window are ignored. Passing NULL to glutSpecialUpFunc dis- ables the generation of special up callbacks. During a special up callback, glutGetModifiers may be called to determine the state of modifier keys when the key release generating the callback occurred. To avoid the reporting of key release/press pairs due to auto repeat, use glutIgnoreKeyRepeat to ignore auto repeated keystrokes. An implementation should do its best to provide ways to generate all the GLUT_KEY_* special keys. The available GLUT_KEY_* values are: GLUT_KEY_F1 F1 function key. GLUT_KEY_F2 F2 function key. GLUT_KEY_F3 F3 function key. GLUT_KEY_F4 F4 function key. GLUT_KEY_F5 F5 function key. GLUT_KEY_F6 F6 function key. GLUT_KEY_F7 F7 function key. GLUT_KEY_F8 F8 function key. GLUT_KEY_F9 F9 function key. GLUT_KEY_F10 F10 function key. GLUT_KEY_F11 F11 function key. GLUT_KEY_F12 F12 function key. GLUT_KEY_LEFT Left directional key. GLUT_KEY_UP Up directional key. GLUT_KEY_RIGHT Right directional key. GLUT_KEY_DOWN Down directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_UP Page up directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_DOWN Page down directional key. GLUT_KEY_HOME Home directional key. GLUT_KEY_END End directional key. GLUT_KEY_INSERT Inset directional key. Note that the escape, backspace, and delete keys are generated as an ASCII character. SEE ALSO
glutSpecialFunc, glutKeyboardFunc, glutKeyboardUpFunc, glutMouseFunc, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutButtonBoxFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc, glutGetModifiers, glutIgnoreKeyRepeat AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpecialUpFunc(3GLUT)