Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need help to delete special characters exists only at the end of the each record in UNIX file? Post 303029569 by rakeshp on Wednesday 30th of January 2019 03:04:05 AM
Old 01-30-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezabudka
Bad idea to use sed and awk together. Try this
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"; OFS="|"} {sub("[^[:alnum:]]$", ""); gsub("[^[:alnum:]]", "", $15)} 1'

Thanks alot nezabudka. This code is working fine as of now.I will get back to you if there any more calrifications!

--- Post updated 01-30-19 at 03:04 AM ---

nezabudka/Don Cragun,

This code is working fine but it is removing space at the end of the record before the ^M, but i do not want that space to be removed.Please let me know if we can modify this code.

sample data

input
Code:
aa|bb|##$$abch^^$$|xy ^M

output
Code:
aa|bb|##$$abch^^$$|xy ^M

Thanks
Rakesh

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-30-2019 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix file does not display special characters

We have a unix file that contains special characters (ie. Ñ, °, É, ¿ , £ , ø ). When I try to read this file I get a codepage error and the characters are replaced by the # symbol. How do I keep the special characters from being read? Thanks. Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a file with special characters

I don't now exactly how I did it, but I created a file named " -C " cexdi:/home1 $ls -lt total 1801336 -rw------- 1 cexdi ced-group 922275840 23 mars 10:03 -C How do I delete this file ? cexdi:/home1 $rm -C rm: invalid option -- C Syntax : rm filename ... Doesn't work...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yveslagace
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice on extracting special characters from a DB2 table to a file in the UNIX ENV

need some advice on the following situation. I have a DB2 table which has a varchar Column. This varchar column can have special characters like ©, ®, ™ . When I extract from this table to a sequential file for this varchar column I am only able to get © and ® . To Get the ™... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosec
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete pattern with special characters

Hi all, I have the following lines <b>A gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) <b>B gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) <b>J gtwrhwrthwr text hghthwrhtwrtw </b><font color='#06C'>; text text (text) and I would like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete special characters from the file content

Hello Team, Any one suggest how to delte the below special character from a file which is having one column 10 rows of same below content. ---------------------------------------- Kosten|bersicht gemd_ ' =Welche Kosten kvnnen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows to UNIX FTP Special characters!

I have a file that has the name in one of the lines as MARíA MENDOZA in Windows. When this gets FTPed over to UNIX it appears as MAR�A MENDOZA. Is there anyway to overcome this? Its causing a issue because the file is Postional and fields are getting pushed by 2 digits.. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file...

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file... just like join ... if the record present in both files.. delete from first file or delete the particular record and write the unmatched records to new file.. tried with grep and while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting?

Hi, How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting can you please let me know the procedure Regards Srikanth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Special Characters

Any time I do : ls *.txt > mytext.txt I get something like this in the output file: ^ Tue Jan 22 16:19:19 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux t1Fam_BrOv :~>alias | grep ls alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias lR='ls -R' alias la='ls -Al' alias lc='ls -ltcr' alias ldd='ls -ltr |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete special characters

My sed is not working on deleting the entire special characters and leaving what is necessary.grep connections_per a|sed -e 's/\<\!\-\-//g' INPUT: <!-- <connections_per_instance>1</connections_per_instance> --> <method>HALF</method> <!--... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)