Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Junior engineer attending a senior engineering interview. Post 303029549 by Circuits on Monday 28th of January 2019 05:57:29 PM
Old 01-28-2019
Junior engineer attending a senior engineering interview.

So the company I work for is interviewing for a senior engineer, DevOps position. I was requested to participate in the last interview. I realize, among many things, personality and group cohesiveness are a contributing factor when considering a new employee. With this in mind I only asked non-technical questions. Considering the position we are currently hiring for will have FAR more responsibilities and will require a much more integral understanding DevOps and engineering than my own I would have expected the interview to be a bit more on the technical side. Then again, maybe the candidates credentials have FAR more weight and when interviewing for such a position it is more common to ask non-technical questions?

Well, I have been invited to another interview tomorrow of another candidate. Perhaps some of you who have been working in the DevOps and engineering field for awhile now might have some advice for me? Would it be presumptuous or arrogant for me to ask someone so much more my senior technical questions? At this point, based on the lack of feedback I received, I am going to stick with my previous mentality and ask non-technical questions.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Junior SA Tasks?

I've been given more responsibility at work and was basically told to take junior system admin responsibilities over our aix box. The catch is, I need to learn on my own. I know basics, but what are some task that I could perform on a daily basis for starters? We have a support group, but not so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information on Network engineer and Unix Systems Engineer

Hi, I'm exploring a few different careers( Unix System's Admin, Network Engineer, and Unix System's Engineer). I asked in another thread about System's Admin, so I have some more info on that already. I'm not finding very much info on Network Engineers or Unix System Engineers though. Can you guys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
0 Replies
SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)						 SSSD Manual pages						  SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)

NAME
sss_obfuscate - obfuscate a clear text password SYNOPSIS
sss_obfuscate [options] [PASSWORD] DESCRIPTION
sss_obfuscate converts a given password into human-unreadable format and places it into appropriate domain section of the SSSD config file. The cleartext password is read from standard input or entered interactively. The obfuscated password is put into "ldap_default_authtok" parameter of a given SSSD domain and the "ldap_default_authtok_type" parameter is set to "obfuscated_password". Refer to sssd-ldap(5) for more details on these parameters. Please note that obfuscating the password provides no real security benefit as it is still possible for an attacker to reverse-engineer the password back. Using better authentication mechanisms such as client side certificates or GSSAPI is strongly advised. OPTIONS
-h,--help Display help message and exit. -s,--stdin The password to obfuscate will be read from standard input. -d,--domain DOMAIN The SSSD domain to use the password in. The default name is "default". -f,--file FILE Read the config file specified by the positional parameter. Default: /etc/sssd/sssd.conf SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)