Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search the multiple strings in app server.log? Post 303029535 by nezabudka on Monday 28th of January 2019 11:58:59 AM
Old 01-28-2019
from mailx man
Quote:
-s ...be careful to quote subjects containing spaces.
Could this be the case?

Last edited by nezabudka; 01-28-2019 at 01:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to search multiple strings

Hi all, I am search a string from a file using following command, I want to pick the message ( I.e print $5) from the lookup file if and only if both $hostname and $instancename match. Message=`cat $lookup_tbl| awk '/'$category'/ {if ('$hostname' == '$2' || '$instancename' == '$3') print $5}'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhish
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search multiple strings in a file

Hi All, I want to search all the ksh scripts that has following details. 1. Search for "exit 0" 2. Search for "sqlldr" or sqlplus" 3. In the above files i want to search for all the script that has no "case" in it. Please advice. Thanks, Deep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for multiple strings and mail accordingly

Hi, I need to find if there is any error in the last few lines of the log file and send a mail accordingly.For example, Following errors can be logged in the log file. ERR_1="DB Connection not established" ERR_2="Server Unloading" I need to find if these errors are found in the log file and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnneAnne
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for multiple strings in specific position

Hi, I need to search for some strings in specific positions in a file. If the strings: "foo1", "foo2" or "foo3" is on position 266 or position 288 in a file i want the whole line printed. Any idea how to do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoH
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple strings on a file and copy the string next to it

I tried awk for this, but failed <or my code is not correct? I dont know>. Can anyone help me on this? ---------- Post updated at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 PM ---------- my working file looks like this: <empty> <empty> <empty> NAME :ABC AGE :15 GENDER... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple Strings in a File

Hi I want to search multiple strings in a file . But the search should start with "From" Keyword and end with before "Where" keyword. Please suggest me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whether we can search multiple strings using or in grep -F

Hi, Whether we can search multiple strings using or in grep -F In Generally, grep -F "string1" "filename.txt" How to search for multiple string using grep -F as we using grep grep "string1\|string2" "filename.txt" Regards, Nanthagopal A (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search strings replaced with single string

Hi, I need someone's help in writing correct perl code. I implemented following code for "multiple search strings replaced with single string". ========================================================= #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchStr = 'register_inst\.write_t\(' |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two strings for multiple occurances

i search between two strings viz <app-deployment> & </app-deployment> and save the contents in a new file using the code snippet below. sed -n "/<app-deployment/,/<\/app-deployment>/p" deploy.tmp >found1.tmpBut if the search string apprears more than once in the file then how can i store the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)