Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and Post 303029370 by bash_in_my_head on Friday 25th of January 2019 01:20:13 PM
Old 01-25-2019
Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and

I need to find two matches in the output from ps. I am searching with
Code:
ps -ef |grep mysql

for:

Code:
my.cnf

Code:
/bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/data/mysql/master/agis_core/etc/my.cnf

after this match I want to search back and match the hostname which is x number of lines back, above the match my.cnf. the line I want to grab starts with "ok:" and a hostname in brackets "[hostname]"

Code:
ok:    [hostname]

I have this grep search but dont really understand it. This grep grabs just the "ok" match but not the entire line, the remainder of this line match contains the hostname I am looking to grab:

Code:
grep -Pzo 'my.cnf(?:.*\n)*?\Kok: filename

I want to exclude all lines between, before and after the matches. I want to keep the results of both matches line match one and line match two.

Last edited by bash_in_my_head; 01-25-2019 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: clarification

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

4. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
SSGREP(1)							       GNOME								 SSGREP(1)

NAME
ssgrep - search spreadsheets for strings SYNOPSIS
ssgrep [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the ssgrep command. ssgrep is a command line utility to search for strings in spreadsheets of any format supported by gnumeric. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with single letter options starting with a single dash (`-') and longer options starting with two dashes (`--'). Options controlling input file handling --recalc Recalculate all cells Options controlling patterns and pattern matching -f, --keyword-file=FILE The path to a text file containing one key per line -i, --ignore-case Ignore differences in letter case -w, --word-regexp Match only whole words -F, --fixed-strings Pattern is a set of fixed strings -R, --search-results Search results of expressions too -v, --invert-match Search for cells that do not match Options controlling output in general -c, --count Only print a count of matches per file -L, --files-without-matches Print filenames without matches -l, --files-with-matches Print filenames with matches -q, --quiet Suppress all normal output -H, --with-filename Print the filename for each match -h, --without-filename Do not print the filename for each match -n, --print-locus Print the location of each match -T, --print-type Print the location type of each match Help options -V, --version Display ssgrep's version -?, --help Display the supported options --usage Display a brief usage message EXAMPLE
To search for the string "SUM" in the file foo.gnumeric : ssgrep SUM foo.gnumeric To search for the strings from the file keywords in the spreadsheet foo.xls : ssgrep --keyword-file=keywords foo.xls LICENSE
ssgrep is licensed under the terms of the General Public License (GPL), version 2. For information on this license look at the source code that came with the software or see the GNU project page <http://www.gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
The copyright on ssgrep and the gnumeric software and source code is held by the individual authors as is documented in the source code. AUTHOR
ssgrep's primary author is Jody Goldberg <jody@gnome.org>; ssgrep builds on the gnumeric codebase. The initial version of this manpage was based on ssindex.1 by J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
beagled(1), gnumeric(1), ssconvert(1), ssindex(1) The Gnumeric Homepage <http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/>. The GNOME project page <http://www.gnome.org/>. gnumeric 2009-02-08 SSGREP(1)