Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Check Out UNIX.COM on Mobile - It's Looking Good Post 303029335 by Neo on Friday 25th of January 2019 12:41:31 AM
Old 01-25-2019
yeah... I've been slowing polishing it up with Bootstrap and Javascript trying to keep it clean and "not to much bling" like many sites I have visited lately. Some sites has "too much bling" and are annoying. For example, one forum site I recently visited did away with all page navigation and just used the "load new pages when swiped" feature, and it was very difficult to navigate. So I nixed that idea. I'm trying to keep the mobile site "cyber cool" without adding a lot of "bling bling"; but making it fast and easy to read and navigate, with good contrast.

So far So good. It has taken me nearly a year, but it's getting close to "very good".

Note: There are still a few "not frequently used pages" on mobile which need to be re-styled like legacy 3rd party plugin pages and rare error messages; but that number is falling week by week.

Thanks for your patience!!

Great things are worth the wait!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good (reliable!) check if user exists

Hi all, I've been trying to find a good check I can put it in to a shell script to see if a given user exists. Some of the things I've thought about is checking whether they have a home directory, but not all users have a home directory. I've thought about grepping the /etc/passwd file for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check good compilation of packets

Hi, I'm making a script to compile some packets and I need for each one to check if the compilation is good... I need to check if "./configure" and "make" runs correctly. Are any scripting commands to make this? For example, the solution can be a command that get the program's exit code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paolom
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile App for UNIX.com?

Do we have a mobile app for unix.com? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile Friendly Version of UNIX.COM

Hello, I have noticed some problems with Google complaining our site is not "https://search.google.com/www.usearch-console/mobile-friendly" using only Tapatalk. So, after a lot of work, I have re-enabled our legacy mobile style and make some improvements and Google has declared us "mobile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good way to check firewall port on Linux centos 7

Hi, I need to know what kind of firewall settings does the linux box have? Is port 25 blocked in any way? Linux techx 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 3 00:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I'm coming from this thread. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Prototyping New Responsive Mobile UNIX.COM

I'm working on updates to the mobile phone view, and it's going to look much better I think. Here are some current prototypes: Prototype Mobile Home Page: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture690.jpg Prototype Mobile Search Page: ... (43 Replies)
43 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New UNIX.COM Mobile Site Icons

Having given up for the time being with a very difficult game engine project to virtualizing cyberspace, am working on the forums again. Just updated a few icons on the mobile site. Explanations in the picture captions: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture855.jpeg ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)							    XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)

NAME
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder -- A Drag and Drop function that reorders a stack of widgets that are registered drop sites SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/DragDrop.h> void XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder( Widget widget, Widget sibling, Cardinal stack_mode); DESCRIPTION
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder changes the stacking order of the drop site specified by widget. The stacking order controls the manner in which drag-under effects are clipped by overlapping siblings, regardless of whether they are active. The stack mode is relative either to the entire stack, or to another drop site within the stack. The stack order can be modified only if the drop sites are siblings in both the widget and drop site hierarchy, and the widget parent of the drop sites is registered as a composite drop site. widget Specifies the drop site to be restacked. sibling Specifies a sibling drop site for stacking operations. If specified, then widget is restacked relative to this drop site's stack position. stack_mode Specifies the new stack position for the specified widget. The values are XmABOVE and XmBELOW. If a sibling is specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed just above the sibling. XmBELOW The widget is placed just below the sibling. If the sibling parameter is not specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed at the top of the stack. XmBELOW The widget is placed at the bottom of the stack. For a complete definition of DropSite and its associated resources, see XmDropSite(3). RELATED
XmDropSite(3), XmDropSiteRetrieve(3), and XmDropSiteQueryStackingOrder(3). XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)