Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Failing to add new NetApp disk AIX 7.1 - but no error Post 303029293 by sid on Thursday 24th of January 2019 11:37:48 AM
Old 01-24-2019
LPAR. I thought that since it already has working NetApp LUNS/disks that it would narrow thing down. I'll be happy to provide anything that might help, but I don't know what might be relevant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 errpt full of message: DISK OPERATION ERROR

Hi All, Can anyone explain me the meanning of the following errors: LABEL: SC_DISK_ERR2 IDENTIFIER: B6267342 Description DISK OPERATION ERROR Probable Causes DASD DEVICE Failure Causes DISK DRIVE DISK DRIVE ELECTRONICS Recommended Actions PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gianlu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not get netapp to mount RPC Not registered error

getting "NFS mount: netapp : RPC: Program not registered" error searched the site but none of the fixes from previous threads are helping (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
2 Replies

3. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Failing to write retrieve script for tape to disk conversion

I have the below script which has been written to retrieve files from tape drive i.e. TSM server. Now i have to write the script using UNIX commands for retrieve operation but I am not able to proceed. The script is: #!/usr/local/bin/expect -f set timeout 1800 set file spawn $env(SHELL)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrsaurav
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help!! Failing HP-UX 11 system disk

Firstly, system setup - HP900 K460, 3 internal hard drives that make up the system volume group(vg00) no software mirroring HP-ux version 11.00 2 Nike 20 raid arrays attached, fully populated with 40 4gb hot swap drives(All used in production environment) I have 3 disks that make up my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy failing disk to Spare

Hi Guys, I have a failing 4gb (c0t5d0) drive that contains lvol4 -8 on hp-ux. It's not the boot disk but is part of VG00 volume group. Within that group, I have a disk (c0t4d0) of the same size that has 1 lvol on it for swap(4gb) I also have a seperate 1.5 gb swap volume on another physical disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rees_a
1 Replies

7. AIX

FIREFOX Failing in AIX

Hi Guys, I tried running the firefox in AIX 6.1 and got the below error.. -bash-3.00# firefox Could not load program /usr/mozilla/firefox/firefox-bin: Could not load module /usr/mozilla/firefox/libxul.so. Dependent module /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.a(libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0) could not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing disk space script in AIX

#!/bin/ksh for AIX used=0 mount=${1:-"/mountpoint"} threshold=${2:-80} #message="hello" #SUBJECT="Disk Space Alert" #EMAIL="xyz@abcinc.com" used=`df -k $mount | grep % | awk '{print $5}' | sed 's/%//g'` #echo "Free Space available under \"$mount\" is `expr 100 - $used`%.\n">$message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshw61
6 Replies

9. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

10. AIX

SIGTERM failing in AIX

I have 2 AIX 6.1 systems running on PowerPCs - production and .. .everything else. :p . Until the installation of a TLS certificate in an application, some copying of files ("cloning an environment") and upgrading a listener, sending a kill -15 worked on any script/application, so long as we were... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrucker
6 Replies
SG_LUNS(8)							     SG3_UTILS								SG_LUNS(8)

NAME
sg_luns - send the SCSI REPORT LUNS command SYNOPSIS
sg_luns [--decode] [--help] [--hex] [--maxlen=LEN] [--quiet] [--raw] [--select=SR] [--verbose] [--version] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
Send the SCSI REPORT LUNS command to the DEVICE and outputs the response. In the SPC-3 SCSI standard support for this command is mandatory. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d, --decode decode logical unit numbers into their hierarchical parts. Interprets luns as described in SAM-3 when the HiSup bit is set in a standard INQUIRY's response. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -H, --hex output response to this command in ASCII hex. -m, --maxlen=LEN where LEN is the (maximum) response length in bytes. It is placed in the cdb's "allocation length" field. If not given (or LEN is zero) then 8192 is used. The maximum allowed value of LEN is 65536. -q, --quiet output ASCII hex rendering of each report lun, one per line. -r, --raw output response in binary (to stdout). -s, --select=SR this option sets the 'select report' field (SR) in the SCSI REPORT LUNS command. The default value is 0. When 0 is given (or this option is not specified) then the DEVICE should yield a list of luns addressable via this "I_T nexus" that use the following lun addressing methods: logical unit addressing, peripheral device addressing and flat space addressing. When 1 is given the DEVICE should yield a list of only "well known" logical units addressable via this "I_T" nexus. When 2 is given the DEVICE should yield all luns addressable via this "I_T" nexus. To simplify, for the I_T nexus associated with the DEVICE, the meanings of the SR values are: 0 : all luns excluding well known logical units 1 : well known logical units 2 : all luns Values between 0xf8 and 0xff (inclusive) are vendor specific (SPC-4 (rev 32), other values greater than 2 are reserved. -v, --verbose increase the level of verbosity, (i.e. debug output). -V, --version print the version string and then exit. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_luns is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2011 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
sg_inq(8) sg3_utils-1.33 August 2011 SG_LUNS(8)