Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error attempting to run alsamixer Post 303029290 by Circuits on Thursday 24th of January 2019 10:34:33 AM
Old 01-24-2019
U-Boot 2009.08 - dub-1.5.2.1 - GCC 4.4.6 - DigiOpenGL - crosstool-ng-1.20.0

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Error with ifconfig when attempting to switch to 10baseT

In Darwin, when typing "ifconfig en0 media 10baseT/UTP mediaopt half-duplex" I recieve the error message "ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Operation not permitted". The same thing occurs when I sudo the command. Any suggestions? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkarrde
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

attempting to break within function

Attempting to break from a case/esac paragraph while inside of a function. When executing the code below, entering the letter 'a', will prove that the directory exists, but the break command works for the if/fi, but not for the case/esac. So, in my example below, if an A is entered, the function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

attempting to install chkconfig 1.3.5

Hi there everyone, I'm using redhat 7.3 at the moment and am currently trying to install chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm , but when I type this command: rpm -Uvh chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm I get the following error: error: failed dependencies: chkconfig = 1.2.24 is needed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhat_newb101
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Debian

attempting to boot from cd rom

i just installed Debian Lenny on HP DL380. After the server rebooted, it still asks for me to insert a cd rom. where can I exactly check the settings for the boot menu? Should it use the hard disk since I didnt insert any cd? pls advise (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Attempting to use AutoYaST with SLES11SP2

We currently have a setup with SLES11SP1 where we have an AutoYaST ISO set up for automated network installs. I'm attempting to port this to SP2 to make new installs current, but I'm running into a few problems. The process seems the same, and after running mkisofs to build a new SP2 ISO the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magus Zeal
0 Replies

7. Linux

Problem with ALSAMIXER

Hi Team, Am trying to open alsamixer via command line but am getting the following error. $ alsamixer Home directory /home/root not ours. ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused cannot open mixer: Connection refused Even am opening as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
RANDOMSOUND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    RANDOMSOUND(8)

NAME
randomsound - ALSA sound card related entropy gathering daemon. SYNOPSIS
randomsound [options] DESCRIPTION
Using the low order bit of the ADC output of your sound card, randomsound gathers entropy, debiases it and offers it up to your kernel's random pool. It can be tweaked to only write into the pool when it drops below a certain level, and to back off once the pool is full enough. This build will set your sound card into 16 bit mono unsigned input at 8KHz. If your sound card cannot do that then you will need to change the defines in asoundrunner.c and recompile the package. You must have set up asound as root on your machine. This can be done with the asoundconf tool and its set-default-card command. You may also need to use the alsamixer to ensure that the sound card is generating plenty of noise. Set all the gains nice and high, turn on any boosters you have. If you have a V_REFLVL or similar then consider tweaking that. OPTIONS
-D Daemonize -v Increase verbosity. Can be used more than once. -m specify minimum number of bits of entropy in the pool. -M specify max number of bits in the pool. -b specify number of bytes of randomness to buffer for use. -d specify number of bytes to deposit into the pool each time. -h display help message -V display version information. AUTHOR
randomsound was written by Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org> Pepperfish August 18, 2007 RANDOMSOUND(8)