Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Stomp has created two threads recently that can't be read Post 303029238 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 23rd of January 2019 03:13:28 PM
Old 01-23-2019
Stomp has created two threads recently that can't be read

In the past five minutes stomp has created two thread titled "Bug: empty lines get sometimes duplicated in new post". When I try to read either of those threads, Safari gives me a window containing the message shown in the attachment.
Stomp has created two threads recently that can't be read-screen-shot-2019-01-23-121237-pmpng

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does WIN2K stomp on the boot record like NT?

My home PC is dual boot with Linux and Win98. I want to upgrade both to a newer version, and have the Linux CD's now. What I need to know is does Win2K Pro stomp (write over LiLo) on the boot record like NT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

3. Programming

shared memory read/write using threads

I am looking for C program source code. Could you please help me in finding the source code required mentioned below. program to create multiple threads (one master thread and rest worker threads) and using the threads write into and read from shared memory Restrictions: Only one thread... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumars
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job issue..i hav read the basic threads already...

hi friends well m facing a different sort of issue in my cron. i hav set job like this 30 09 * * 1 /bin/backup14M 01 14 * * 1 /bin/backup14N 20 18 * * 1 /bin/backup14E that is for every Monday at three different times. but, first job executes well, later ones do not. I checked my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle.test2
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find Files Created Recently and Print

Hi, I'm looking to create a script which will find all the files created in the last 24h in a directory starting with a few different letters and send them to the printer. This would be run through the cron each morning to print the last 24 hours files. I have started with this to find all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rab
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file name that was recently edited when listed using ls command?

I was trying to write a script that will process recently creatd file. From below, the script should process input_20111230.dat file. sam:/top/work/data/input: ls -ltr input_*.dat -rw-rw-rw- 1 work edprod 455668 Dec 24 09:16 input_20111224.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 work edprod ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
7 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to read threads when logged in

I'm getting the following error (or something similar) whenever I try to view a thread when I'm logged in. That is, I login, hit "New Posts", get a list of theads, click on one (in this example is was the "Not allowed to post URLs" thread), then get the following HTML error page instead of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnamejj
1 Replies
sem_post(2)							System Calls Manual						       sem_post(2)

NAME
sem_post - unlock a POSIX semaphore SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is used to post the semaphore referenced by sem. The calling thread will not return from its call to unless it can either: increment the semaphore value, if there are no blocked threads on this semaphore; give the semaphore to a blocked thread, if there are any blocked threads on this semaphore; or have an error condition. If the semaphore value is < 0, the semaphore has blocked threads, waiting for it to become available (the absolute value of the semaphore's value indicates the number of waiters at that moment). If the semaphore value is >= 0, the semaphore has no waiters. If the semaphore has no waiters at the time its value is checked, the semaphore's value will be atomically incremented, with respect to the checking of its value, up to its maximum value as specified by If the semaphore has waiters at the time its value is checked, the semaphore value is not changed. Instead, the calling thread will attempt to wake up a waiter. If the semaphore has waiters having realtime priori- ties, the thread must wake up the highest priority waiter. Otherwise the thread at the head of the channel queue is woken up. When a waiter is successfully woken, the semaphore being posted will be given to the woken waiter. In other words, the state of the sema- phore remains unchanged. Instead, the semaphore being posted will be inherited by the waiter being woken from this call to If the specified semaphore referred to by sem is a named semaphore, then this semaphore must have been opened by the calling process with The calling process must have both read and write permissions on the semaphore to perform this operation. The routine may be called asyn- chronously, i.e. from a signal handler. To use this function, link in the realtime library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. EXAMPLES
The following call to will post the semaphore sem. RETURN VALUE
A successful call to will return 0 and the calling thread would have posted the semaphore. Otherwise, the call to will return -1 with errno set to the appropriate value of the error condition. ERRORS
fails and does not perform the requested operation if any of the following conditions are encountered: [EPERM] The calling process does not have the privileges necessary to post the semaphore. [EINVAL] The argument sem does not refer to a valid semaphore. SEE ALSO
<semaphore.h>. STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
sem_post(2)