Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error attempting to run alsamixer Post 303029231 by Circuits on Wednesday 23rd of January 2019 02:36:31 PM
Old 01-23-2019
Ubuntu 16.04 is the distribution of my PC. Are you wondering what the version of the kernel on the embedded device is? The kernel version on the device is: 2.6.35.14

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Error with ifconfig when attempting to switch to 10baseT

In Darwin, when typing "ifconfig en0 media 10baseT/UTP mediaopt half-duplex" I recieve the error message "ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Operation not permitted". The same thing occurs when I sudo the command. Any suggestions? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkarrde
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

attempting to break within function

Attempting to break from a case/esac paragraph while inside of a function. When executing the code below, entering the letter 'a', will prove that the directory exists, but the break command works for the if/fi, but not for the case/esac. So, in my example below, if an A is entered, the function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

attempting to install chkconfig 1.3.5

Hi there everyone, I'm using redhat 7.3 at the moment and am currently trying to install chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm , but when I type this command: rpm -Uvh chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm I get the following error: error: failed dependencies: chkconfig = 1.2.24 is needed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhat_newb101
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Debian

attempting to boot from cd rom

i just installed Debian Lenny on HP DL380. After the server rebooted, it still asks for me to insert a cd rom. where can I exactly check the settings for the boot menu? Should it use the hard disk since I didnt insert any cd? pls advise (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Attempting to use AutoYaST with SLES11SP2

We currently have a setup with SLES11SP1 where we have an AutoYaST ISO set up for automated network installs. I'm attempting to port this to SP2 to make new installs current, but I'm running into a few problems. The process seems the same, and after running mkisofs to build a new SP2 ISO the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magus Zeal
0 Replies

7. Linux

Problem with ALSAMIXER

Hi Team, Am trying to open alsamixer via command line but am getting the following error. $ alsamixer Home directory /home/root not ours. ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused cannot open mixer: Connection refused Even am opening as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
GPIO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   GPIO(4)

NAME
gpiobus -- GPIO bus system SYNOPSIS
To compile these devices into your kernel and use the device hints, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device gpio device gpioc device gpioiic device gpioled Additional device entries for the ARM architecture include: device a10_gpio device bcm_gpio device imx51_gpio device lpcgpio device mv_gpio device ti_gpio device gpio_avila device gpio_cambria device zy7_gpio device pxagpio Additional device entries for the MIPS architecture include: device ar71xxx_gpio device octeon_gpio device rt305_gpio Additional device entries for the POWERPC architecture include: device wiigpio device macgpio DESCRIPTION
The gpiobus system provides a simple interface to the GPIO pins that are usually available on embedded architectures and can provide bit banging style devices to the system. The acronym GPIO means ``General-Purpose Input/Output.'' The BUS physically consists of multiple pins that can be configured for input/output, IRQ delivery, SDA/SCL iicbus use, etc. On some embedded architectures (like MIPS), discovery of the bus and configuration of the pins is done via device.hints(5) in the platform's kernel config(5) file. On some others (like ARM), where FDT(4) is used to describe the device tree, the bus discovery is done via the DTS passed to the kernel, being either statically compiled in, or by a variety of ways where the boot loader (or Open Firmware enabled system) passes the DTS blob to the kernel at boot. The following device.hints(5) are only provided by the ar71xx_gpio driver: hint.gpio.%d.pinmask This is a bitmask of pins on the GPIO board that we would like to expose for use to the host operating system. To expose pin 0, 4 and 7, use the bitmask of 10010001 converted to the hexadecimal value 0x0091. hint.gpio.%d.pinon This is a bitmask of pins on the GPIO board that will be set to ON at host start. To set pin 2, 5 and 13 to be set ON at boot, use the bitmask of 10000000010010 converted to the hexadecimal value 0x2012. hint.gpio.function_set hint.gpio.function_clear These are bitmasks of pins that will remap a pin to handle a specific function (USB, UART TX/RX, etc) in the Atheros function registers. This is mainly used to set/clear functions that we need when they are set up or not set up by uBoot. Simply put, each pin of the GPIO interface is connected to an input/output of some device in a system. SEE ALSO
gpioiic(4), gpioled(4), iicbus(4), gpioctl(8) HISTORY
The gpiobus manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Sean Bruno <sbruno@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 5, 2013 BSD