Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Top 10 Users in mount level
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Top 10 Users in mount level Post 303029222 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 23rd of January 2019 11:08:29 AM
Old 01-23-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBEE
My OS is Solaris and I'm not aware of the NFS thing. Could you share some sample code.We are planning to generate the reports on mount level who are TOP users.
It is difficult for us to share sample code when your requirements are so nebulous.

The title of your thread is "Top 10 Users in mount level" but the text in your first post says " I need to pull Top 15 users in every mount". Are you looking for 10 users or 15 users?

What makes a user a Top user? Is it the number of files in a file hierarchy rooted in a mount point owned by a user? Is it the number of blocks allocated to the files in a file hierarchy rooted in a mount point owned by a user? Is it the sum of the sizes of the files in a file hierarchy in directories owned by the user in a directory that is a mount point? Is it the number of blocks that have been read from files in the file hierarchy rooted in a mount point by processes run by that user? If you're looking at a mount point containing some huge Oracle database files, is Oracle a Top user or are you looking for the Top user to be the database administrator for those Oracle database files? Are you just trying to find out which users invoke the mount utility the most times? ... ... ...

Depending on what you are trying to do, any one or more of the above might be valid questions. And, the way you get an answer to each of those questions is very different from the way you get an answer to most of the other questions in that list.

Please help us help you! Explain more about what you're trying to do.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to set env variable in top level Makefile and unset when done

Hello I have compilation directory structure the top level Makefile is the one that contains all the sub directories I want to set in this Makefile env variable say : setenv OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL "1" and when all the sub directories done compiling it will set this variable to different lavel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude top level directory with find?

I'm using bash on cygwin/windows. I'm trying to use find and exclude the directory /cygdrive/c/System\ Volume\ Information. When I try to use the command below I get the error "rm: cannot remove `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information': Is a directory. Can someone tell me what I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed removing two top level folders from path

Hi, I am trying to use either awk or sed to drop the first two folders in a path. So if I had path /folder1/folder2/folder3/folder4.... I need to drop folder1&2, so the new path would be /folder3/folder4... If folder1 and folder2 were the same all the time, this would be easy. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinohio
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top level TCSH while Loop doen't work

Hey guys... I'm learning some shell scripting on OS X using the tcsh shell. For some reason... my while loop isn't executing right (or more likely I am doing something wrong.) Something as simple as this doesn't work: #!/bin/tcsh set g = 0 while ($g <10) echo "this" $g @ g =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprynmr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

top 10 users facebook.com

is it possible from shell utility that we can track top 10 ipaddress from squid access.log who visit facebook.com. cat /var1/log/squid/access.log | grep "192.168.1.13" | grep "facebook" | wc -l 777 above will find only one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX os level 6.1 for list of users and groups

I have a AIX server o/s 5.3.0.0 and a few at o/s 6.1.0.0 The issue I am haveing is running this on the server with o/s of 5.3 works good but not on the o/s of 6.1 any help out here?? #!/usr/bin/ksh user -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $1}' > a1 lsuser -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $2}'|cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcraft
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get top level parent directory

Hi All, I have a directory like this: /u01/app/oracle/11gSE1/11gR203 How do i get the top level directory /u01 from this? Tried dirname and basename but dint help. I can this using echo $ORACLE_HOME | awk -F"/" '{print "/"$2}'. But I am trying to find out if there is a better way of doing it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilayasundar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script - Remove the 3 top level of a full path filename

Hello. Source file are in : /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/some_file Destination is : /d/e where sub-directories "f" and "g" may missing or not. After copying I want /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file1 in /d/e/f/g/file1 On source /a is top-level directory On destination /d is top-level directory I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
lofs(7FS)                                                          File Systems                                                          lofs(7FS)

NAME
lofs - loopback virtual file system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int mount (const char* dir, const char* virtual, int mflag, lofs, NULL, 0); DESCRIPTION
The loopback file system device allows new, virtual file systems to be created, which provide access to existing files using alternate pathnames. Once the virtual file system is created, other file systems can be mounted within it, without affecting the original file sys- tem. However, file systems which are subsequently mounted onto the original file system are visible to the virtual file system, unless or until the corresponding mount point in the virtual file system is covered by a file system mounted there. virtual is the mount point for the virtual file system. dir is the pathname of the existing file system. mflag specifies the mount options; the MS_DATA bit in mflag must be set. If the MS_RDONLY bit in mflag is not set, accesses to the loop back file system are the same as for the underlying file system. Otherwise, all accesses in the loopback file system will be read-only. All other mount(2) options are inherited from the underlying file systems. A loopback mount of '/' onto /tmp/newroot allows the entire file system hierarchy to appear as if it were duplicated under /tmp/newroot, including any file systems mounted from remote NFS servers. All files would then be accessible either from a pathname relative to '/' or from a pathname relative to /tmp/newroot until such time as a file system is mounted in /tmp/newroot, or any of its subdirectories. Loopback mounts of '/' can be performed in conjunction with the chroot(2) system call, to provide a complete virtual file system to a process or family of processes. Recursive traversal of loopback mount points is not allowed. After the loopback mount of /tmp/newroot, the file /tmp/newroot/tmp/newroot does not contain yet another file system hierarchy; rather, it appears just as /tmp/newroot did before the loopback mount was performed (for example, as an empty directory). Examples lofs file systems are mounted using: mount -F lofs /tmp /mnt SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), mount(1M), chroot(2), mount(2), sysfs(2), vfstab(4), lofi(7D) WARNINGS
Loopback mounts must be used with care; the potential for confusing users and applications is enormous. A loopback mount entry in /etc/vfstab must be placed after the mount points of both directories it depends on. This is most easily accomplished by making the loop- back mount entry the last in /etc/vfstab. SunOS 5.10 10 Apr 2001 lofs(7FS)