Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Top 10 Users in mount level
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Top 10 Users in mount level Post 303029192 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 23rd of January 2019 04:30:47 AM
Old 01-23-2019
Most efficient is to query disk quotas. Disk quotas must be enabled on the system that owns the data (NFS server if NFS is used); it's not necessary to use limits.
Less efficient: run a find -ls on the folders and post-process the output (with awk or perl or shell-builtins).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to set env variable in top level Makefile and unset when done

Hello I have compilation directory structure the top level Makefile is the one that contains all the sub directories I want to set in this Makefile env variable say : setenv OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL "1" and when all the sub directories done compiling it will set this variable to different lavel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude top level directory with find?

I'm using bash on cygwin/windows. I'm trying to use find and exclude the directory /cygdrive/c/System\ Volume\ Information. When I try to use the command below I get the error "rm: cannot remove `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information': Is a directory. Can someone tell me what I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed removing two top level folders from path

Hi, I am trying to use either awk or sed to drop the first two folders in a path. So if I had path /folder1/folder2/folder3/folder4.... I need to drop folder1&2, so the new path would be /folder3/folder4... If folder1 and folder2 were the same all the time, this would be easy. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinohio
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top level TCSH while Loop doen't work

Hey guys... I'm learning some shell scripting on OS X using the tcsh shell. For some reason... my while loop isn't executing right (or more likely I am doing something wrong.) Something as simple as this doesn't work: #!/bin/tcsh set g = 0 while ($g <10) echo "this" $g @ g =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprynmr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

top 10 users facebook.com

is it possible from shell utility that we can track top 10 ipaddress from squid access.log who visit facebook.com. cat /var1/log/squid/access.log | grep "192.168.1.13" | grep "facebook" | wc -l 777 above will find only one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX os level 6.1 for list of users and groups

I have a AIX server o/s 5.3.0.0 and a few at o/s 6.1.0.0 The issue I am haveing is running this on the server with o/s of 5.3 works good but not on the o/s of 6.1 any help out here?? #!/usr/bin/ksh user -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $1}' > a1 lsuser -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $2}'|cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcraft
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get top level parent directory

Hi All, I have a directory like this: /u01/app/oracle/11gSE1/11gR203 How do i get the top level directory /u01 from this? Tried dirname and basename but dint help. I can this using echo $ORACLE_HOME | awk -F"/" '{print "/"$2}'. But I am trying to find out if there is a better way of doing it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilayasundar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script - Remove the 3 top level of a full path filename

Hello. Source file are in : /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/some_file Destination is : /d/e where sub-directories "f" and "g" may missing or not. After copying I want /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file1 in /d/e/f/g/file1 On source /a is top-level directory On destination /d is top-level directory I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
AUTOMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      AUTOMOUNT(8)

NAME
automount -- mount autofs on the appropriate mount points SYNOPSIS
automount [-v] [-c] [-u] [-t timeout] DESCRIPTION
automount reads the /etc/auto_master file, and any local or network maps it includes, and mounts autofs on the appropriate mount points to cause mounts to be triggered. It will also attempt to unmount any top-level autofs mounts that correspond to maps no longer found. OPTIONS
-v Print more detailed information about actions taken by automount. -c Tell automountd(8) to flush any cached information it has. -u Unmount all non-busy automounted mounts. Top-level triggers are preserved. -t timeout Set to timeout seconds the time after which an automounted file system will be unmounted if it hasn't been referred to within that period of time. The default is 10 minutes (600 seconds). FILES
/etc/autofs.conf configuration file for automount and automountd. /etc/auto_master The master map contains a list of directories to be controlled by autofs and their associated direct map or indirect maps. SEE ALSO
auto_master(5), automountd(8), autofs.conf(5) Darwin July 17, 2010 Darwin