Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error attempting to run alsamixer Post 303029174 by Circuits on Tuesday 22nd of January 2019 05:20:51 PM
Old 01-22-2019
Well I don't see any executable's for ncurses. Although, I do have an ncurses directory @ buildroot-2011.02/package/ncurses; however, there is only two files inside of it: Config.in and ncruses.mk. Has this directory been gutted or does that sound correct?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Error with ifconfig when attempting to switch to 10baseT

In Darwin, when typing "ifconfig en0 media 10baseT/UTP mediaopt half-duplex" I recieve the error message "ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Operation not permitted". The same thing occurs when I sudo the command. Any suggestions? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkarrde
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

attempting to break within function

Attempting to break from a case/esac paragraph while inside of a function. When executing the code below, entering the letter 'a', will prove that the directory exists, but the break command works for the if/fi, but not for the case/esac. So, in my example below, if an A is entered, the function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

attempting to install chkconfig 1.3.5

Hi there everyone, I'm using redhat 7.3 at the moment and am currently trying to install chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm , but when I type this command: rpm -Uvh chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm I get the following error: error: failed dependencies: chkconfig = 1.2.24 is needed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhat_newb101
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Debian

attempting to boot from cd rom

i just installed Debian Lenny on HP DL380. After the server rebooted, it still asks for me to insert a cd rom. where can I exactly check the settings for the boot menu? Should it use the hard disk since I didnt insert any cd? pls advise (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Attempting to use AutoYaST with SLES11SP2

We currently have a setup with SLES11SP1 where we have an AutoYaST ISO set up for automated network installs. I'm attempting to port this to SP2 to make new installs current, but I'm running into a few problems. The process seems the same, and after running mkisofs to build a new SP2 ISO the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magus Zeal
0 Replies

7. Linux

Problem with ALSAMIXER

Hi Team, Am trying to open alsamixer via command line but am getting the following error. $ alsamixer Home directory /home/root not ours. ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused cannot open mixer: Connection refused Even am opening as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
toe(1)							      General Commands Manual							    toe(1)

NAME
toe - table of (terminfo) entries SYNOPSIS
toe [-v[n]] [-ahuUV] file... DESCRIPTION
With no options, toe lists all available terminal types by primary name with descriptions. File arguments specify the directories to be scanned; if no such arguments are given, your default terminfo directory is scanned. If you also specify the -h option, a directory header will be issued as each directory is entered. There are other options intended for use by terminfo file maintainers: -a report on all of the terminal databases which ncurses would search, rather than only the first one that it finds. -u file says to write a report to the standard output, listing dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report condenses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that has use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which occur in those use capabilities, followed by a newline -U file says to write a report to the standard output, listing reverse dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report reverses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that occurs in use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which depend on it, followed by a newline. -vn specifies that (verbose) output be written to standard error, showing toe's progress. The optional parameter n is a number from 1 to 10, interpreted as for tic(1). -V reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo/?/* Compiled terminal description database. SEE ALSO
tic(1), infocmp(1), captoinfo(1), infotocap(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5). This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). toe(1)