Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Ignoring decimal in comparision Post 303029115 by MadeInGermany on Monday 21st of January 2019 02:35:31 PM
Old 01-21-2019
bash and ksh can do process substitution:
Code:
diff <(cut -f1 -d. file1) <(cut -f1 -d. file2)

Everything after a dot is cut off, before it's handed to diff.
Or more general, cut decimals from *all* numbers:
Code:
diff <(sed 's/\([0-9]\)\.[0-9]*/\1/g' file1) <(sed 's/\([0-9]\)\.[0-9]*/\1/g' file2)

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while - comparision

Hi, Please find the attached scriplet and suggest me to fix the bug in this. ----------------------------------- noofdirs=`ls *.tar | wc -l` if ; then let i=1 while ( $i <= $noofdirs ) ; do echo $i mkdir $i file1=`ls *.tar | head -1` mv $file1 $i i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while doing decimal comparision in shell

a=10 b=10.6 c=$(echo "$a - $b" | bc) if ] echo "success" else echo "failure" fi while executing the above sample code, am getting the below error: seems unix is comparing .6 with 0 instead of 0.6 with 0. can anyone help me in solving this ? regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Anybody please help me... Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) representation. Also, draw its Flow Chart. This is a unix qn... plz post algorithm for that :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramba
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caramba
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the perl version (decimal value comparision)

Hi All, can you pls throw some light for below logic -> Check the perl version -> if the version is greater than or equal to 5.8 -> proceed to next step -> else fail Regards Kamal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert hexa decimal to decimal

Hi, I want to convert two hexadecimal numbers to decimal using unix command line. 1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698 fc8f99ac06e88c4faf669cf366f60d I tried using `echo "ibase=16; $no |bc` printf '%x\n' "1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698" but it doesn't work for such big number it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
4 Replies

7. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal Padding in Decimal

Hi Experts, I have requirement to pad a decimal number that should have fixed length as 10. if number is 234.234 > 234.234000 if number is 12.4 > 12.4000000 if number is 3456.5678 > 3456.56780 from above example we can see that overall length is 10 and padding is being done right sided of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum the fields with 6 decimal places - getting only 2 decimal places as output

I used the below script to Sum up a field in a file based on some unique values. But the problem is when it is summing up the units, it is truncating to 2 decimals and not 6 decimals as in the input file (Input file has the units with up to 6 Decimals – Sample data below, when the units in the 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brlsubbu
4 Replies
ptree(1)																  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - print process trees SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ptree [-a] [-c] [-z zone] [pid | user] ... ptree prints the process trees containing the specified pids or users, with child processes indented from their respective parent pro- cesses. An argument of all digits is taken to be a process-id, otherwise it is assumed to be a user login name. The default is all pro- cesses. The following options are supported: -a All. Print all processes, including children of process 0. -c Contracts. Print process contract memberships in addition to parent-child relationships. See process(4). This option implies the -a option. -z zone Zones. Print only processes in the specified zone. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. This option is only useful when executed in the global zone. The following operands are supported: pid Process-id or a list of process-ids. ptree also accepts /proc/nnn as a process-id, so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all processes in the system. user Username or list of usernames. Processes whose effective user IDs match those given are displayed. Example 1: Using ptree The following example prints the process tree (including children of process 0) for processes which match the command name ssh: $ ptree -a `pgrep ssh` 1 /sbin/init 100909 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569150 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569157 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569159 -ksh 569171 bash 569173 /bin/ksh 569193 bash The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. non-zero An error has occurred. /proc/* process files See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. The options are Evolving. gcore(1), ldd(1), pargs(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), plimit(1), pmap(1), preap(1), proc(1), ps(1), ppgsz(1), pwd(1), rlogin(1), time(1), truss(1), wait(1), fcntl(2), fstat(2), setuid(2), dlopen(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), core(4), proc(4), process(4), attributes(5), zones(5) 11 Oct 2005 ptree(1)