Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing the output of sed using a loop Post 303029026 by jsikarin on Saturday 19th of January 2019 10:14:46 PM
Old 01-19-2019
I would use awk if I knew how, but for now grep and sed is fine. I have this book on sed and awk that i am reading. I am just glad that I figured out how to use sed.

I will consider changing
Code:
'cn2='$c' '

to
Code:
"cn=$c "

As for what I am doing with the code,
1. I am taking the results and types of detections from an antivirus program
2. and separating them based on the type of detection represented by cn2=$c
3.and cutting out the timestamp from each result.
4. I then compare the timestamp on the detection to the current time to see if its under an hour old.
5. For every detection that is under an hour old a counter within an array is incremented based on the type of virus that was detected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Silly question on printing for loop in AWK

Hi, One silly question. I would like to add statement like below and append to a file. I used the below code; however, it does not work. Can anyone please tell me what mistakes I have made? awk ' { for (i=1;i<=563;i++) print i }'>>output.txt Thanks. -Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing with awk through while loop

ive input file contains to clums a and b spreated by pipe a | b 123|456 323|455 and xyz contains other info about a and b now i want to print as follows: a | b | "info from xyz" but "info from xyz" might be more than 1 line and i want to keep the format to 3 cloums. how to do it?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windows
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed subsitution on loop output in shell script

I have a forloop which checks a log for a set of 6 static IP addresses and each IP found is logged to a file which is then mailed to me. After the forloop I always have a text file that may contain up to 6 IP addresses or may contain 0. What I want to do is substitute the IP addresses (if any)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in while loop producing arithmetic output

Hi all Just wondering if someone can help me with this. I'm trying to write a script that processes the output of another file and prints only the lines I want from it. This is only the second script I have written so please bare with me here. I have referred to the literature and some of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javathecat
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing positional charaters in a loop

#!/bin/bash usep=`df -hT | awk '{ print $5 }'` for (1=1,1<8,i++) output=`echo $usep | awk '{ print $i }'| cut -d'%' -f1` echo $output if then echo "critical value" i need to echo critical value if disk usage pecentage xceeds 10 and i am face problem in position marked red here i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: josgeorge
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing portion of the output usind sed/awk

friends, i am a newbie in scripting. could someone help me in selecting only the last column of below ps command output ? mqm 14 16466 0 Sep 15 ? 0:01 /opt/mqm/bin/runmqlsr -r -m QMGR.INBOUNDSSL -t TCP -p 1415 -i 5.1.26.5 mqm 12 16700 0 Sep 15 ? 0:00... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unahb1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help, while loop and sed not producing desired output

Hello everyone, I need some assistance with what I thought would have been a very simple script. Purpose of Script: Script will parse through a source file and modify (search/replace) certain patterns and output to stdout or a file. Script will utilize a "control file" which will contain... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: packetjockey
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop in shellscript - Printing Output for every iteration

for VGLIST in `lsvg -o` do CLOSED_OUT=`echo $VGLIST | lsvg -l $VGLIST | awk '{print $6 " " $7}' | grep closed` if ]; then echo "Filesystems $CLOSED_OUT in VG that are in Closed status" else echo "\n Some message" fi Above Code is working fine, but echo "Filesystems $CLOSED_OUT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: printing column using for loop

Hello: I've input data: Input data --- 3:60069:C:T 60069 C T 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 --- 3:60079:A:G 60079 A G 1 0 0 0.988 0.012 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 --- rs186476240:60157:G:A 60157 G A 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 I edit/make first few columns before numbers (6th column) and want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array not printing values if used in a loop

Hello! I'm making an English to Morse Code translator and I was able to mostly get it all working by looking through older posts here; however, I have one small problem. When I run it it's just printing spaces for where the characters should be. It runs the right amount of times, and if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcoleman10
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)