Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to add text to each line of matching id Post 303028999 by cmccabe on Saturday 19th of January 2019 11:03:48 AM
Old 01-19-2019
Thank you for the hint, I made two adjustments to the script and commented them. The output is the same but maybe I have the idea just not implementing it correctly? Thank you Smilie.

Code:
awk '
 BEGIN{
  SUBSEP=","
}
FNR==NR{
  max[$1,$NF,++count[$1,$NF]]=$3  # read with count each line of f1 max
  min[$1,$NF,count[$1,$NF]]=$2
  next
}
{ for (i in count)   # start a loop with setting each line in id to i
 split($4,array,"_")   
}
(($1,array[1],i++) in max){    # search each matching id line in f2
if(($2>min[array[5],array[1]] && $2<max[array[5],array[1]]) || ($3>max[array[5],array[1]] && $3<max[array[5],array[1]])){
  print array[5],array[1],min[array[5],array[1]],max[array[5],array[1]],"exon"
  next
  }
 }
 {
  print $0,"intron"}' f1 f2

chr7    94024333    94024423    COL1A2_cds_0_0_chr7_94024344_f  0   + intron
chr7    94027049    94027080    COL1A2_cds_1_0_chr7_94027060_f  0   + intron
chr7    94027683    94027718    COL1A2_cds_2_0_chr7_94027694_f  0   + intron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to delete line with matching text and line immediately after

hello experts, I have a file: File1 Sample Test1 This is a Test Sample Test2 Another Test Final Test3 A final Test I can use sed to delete the line with specific text ie: sed '/Test2/d' File1.txt > File2.txt How can I delete the line with the matching text and the line immediately... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using command line arguments as columns for pattern matching using awk

Hi, I wish to use a column, as inputted by a user from command line, for pattern matching. awk file: { if($1 ~ /^8/) { print $0> "temp2.csv" } } something like this, but i want '$1' to be any column as selected by the user from command line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: invinclible0009
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK : Add Fields of lines with matching field

Dear All, I would like to add values of a field, if the lines match in a certain field. Then I would like to divide the sum though the number of lines that have a matched field. This is the Input: Input: Test1 5 Test1 10 Test2 2 Test2 5 Test2 13 Test3 4 Output: Test1 7.5 Test1 7.5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk delete character in the lines before and after the matching line

Sample file: This is line one, this is another line, this is the PRIMARY INDEX line l ; This is another line The command should find the line with “PRIMARY INDEX” and remove the last character from the line preceding it (in this case , comma) and remove the first character from the line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KC_Rules
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi, I want to achieve something similar to what described in another post: The difference is I want to add the line if the pattern is not found. File 1: A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and printing line with awk

Hi there, I'm trying to use awk to print out the entire line that contains a match to a certain regex and then append some text,plus the match to the end of the line. So far I have: awk -F: '{print "RG:Z:" $2}' file Which prints out the match I want plus the additional text, but I'm stuck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim_lad
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to copy previous line matching a particular columns

Hello Help, 2356798 7689867 999 000 123678 20385907 9797 666 17978975 87468976 968978 98798 I am trying to have out put which actually look for the third column value of 9797 and then it insert line there after with first, second column value exactly as the previous line and replace the third... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup stored variable in file and print matching line

The bash bash below extracts the oldest folder from a directory and stores it in filename That result will match a line in bold in input. In the matching line there is an_xxx digit in italics that (once the leading zero is removed) will match a line in link. That is the lint to print in output.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add text to matching pattern in field

In the awk I am trying to add :p.=? to the end of each $9 that matches the pattern NM_. The below executes andis close but I can not seem to figure out why the :p.=? repeats in the split as in the green in the current output. I have added comments as well. Thank you :). file ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to update file with partial matching line in another file and append text

In the awk below I am trying to cp and paste each matching line in f2 to $3 in f1 if $2 of f1 is in the line in f2 somewhere. There will always be a match (usually more then 1) and my actual data is much larger (several hundreds of lines) in both f1 and f2. When the line in f2 is pasted to $3 in... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
CGBBRD(l)								 )								 CGBBRD(l)

NAME
CGBBRD - reduce a complex general m-by-n band matrix A to real upper bidiagonal form B by a unitary transformation SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CGBBRD( VECT, M, N, NCC, KL, KU, AB, LDAB, D, E, Q, LDQ, PT, LDPT, C, LDC, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER VECT INTEGER INFO, KL, KU, LDAB, LDC, LDPT, LDQ, M, N, NCC REAL D( * ), E( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX AB( LDAB, * ), C( LDC, * ), PT( LDPT, * ), Q( LDQ, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
CGBBRD reduces a complex general m-by-n band matrix A to real upper bidiagonal form B by a unitary transformation: Q' * A * P = B. The routine computes B, and optionally forms Q or P', or computes Q'*C for a given matrix C. ARGUMENTS
VECT (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether or not the matrices Q and P' are to be formed. = 'N': do not form Q or P'; = 'Q': form Q only; = 'P': form P' only; = 'B': form both. M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NCC (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix C. NCC >= 0. KL (input) INTEGER The number of subdiagonals of the matrix A. KL >= 0. KU (input) INTEGER The number of superdiagonals of the matrix A. KU >= 0. AB (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDAB,N) On entry, the m-by-n band matrix A, stored in rows 1 to KL+KU+1. The j-th column of A is stored in the j-th column of the array AB as follows: AB(ku+1+i-j,j) = A(i,j) for max(1,j-ku)<=i<=min(m,j+kl). On exit, A is overwritten by values generated during the reduction. LDAB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDAB >= KL+KU+1. D (output) REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)) The diagonal elements of the bidiagonal matrix B. E (output) REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)-1) The superdiagonal elements of the bidiagonal matrix B. Q (output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDQ,M) If VECT = 'Q' or 'B', the m-by-m unitary matrix Q. If VECT = 'N' or 'P', the array Q is not referenced. LDQ (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array Q. LDQ >= max(1,M) if VECT = 'Q' or 'B'; LDQ >= 1 otherwise. PT (output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDPT,N) If VECT = 'P' or 'B', the n-by-n unitary matrix P'. If VECT = 'N' or 'Q', the array PT is not referenced. LDPT (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array PT. LDPT >= max(1,N) if VECT = 'P' or 'B'; LDPT >= 1 otherwise. C (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDC,NCC) On entry, an m-by-ncc matrix C. On exit, C is overwritten by Q'*C. C is not referenced if NCC = 0. LDC (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array C. LDC >= max(1,M) if NCC > 0; LDC >= 1 if NCC = 0. WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension (max(M,N)) RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (max(M,N)) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CGBBRD(l)