Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Downloading and running Visual Studio Code Post 303028988 by Neo on Saturday 19th of January 2019 02:46:29 AM
Old 01-19-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuits
@wisecracker It was a mistake on my part. Originally, I tried downloading the program from the 'Ubuntu Software' utility and that version was the one that did not work. Before downloading the .deb package from the link I provided I did try to uninstall the program inside of the 'Ubuntu Software' utility but apparently that didn't work either because it stuck around and ended up confusing me. When I thought I was starting the version of the program I installed via the .deb package what I was actually attempting to start was the same (non working) version of the program installed through 'Ubuntu Software'. Moral of the story, don't try to install software that is not UNIX based through the 'Ubuntu Software' utility.
I installed VSC on Ubuntu following these instructions and it installed just fine:

Running Visual Studio Code on Linux

However, admittedly, I use VSC every day on MacOS based on UNIX and it works flawlessly; and I don't run VSC on Ubuntu because I like to develop on MacOS and port up to Ubuntu daily.

Works great! Flawless!

In my view, if you want to develop code, get a MacPro like mine Smilie

Code:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name:	Mac Pro
  Model Identifier:	MacPro6,1
  Processor Name:	12-Core Intel Xeon E5
  Processor Speed:	2.7 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	12
  L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	30 MB
  Memory:	64 GB
  Boot ROM Version:	127.0.0.0.0
  SMC Version (system):	2.20f18
  Illumination Version:	1.4a6

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Visual Studio .Net

How can I create and run a stand-alone console application in Visual Studio .Net ? (cpp-file)....... ...thanks for any help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
4 Replies

2. Programming

Looking for equal to Visual Studio for Unix

Hello all Im looking for IDE to edit / compile / debug similar to VC++ on windows I need it for verity of UNIX platforms, what do you think is the best tool to use And that its learning carve is easy ( as much as possible) . Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

3. Programming

Debug with VIsual Studio 6, cpp project

Hi, I"m trying to debug one project in VS6 this is cpp ,with source/headers/resource files. I need to start program from terminal with some parameters, e.g. c> feetcmd -a param1 -d param2, now this program going into the loop and the whole PC is frozen, I tried to do TASK_MANAGER/right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
6 Replies
deb-shlibs(5)							    dpkg suite							     deb-shlibs(5)

NAME
deb-shlibs - Debian shared library information file DESCRIPTION
shlibs files map shared library names and versions (sonames) to dependencies suitable for a package control file. There is one entry per line. Blank lines are not allowed. Lines beginning with an # character are considered commentary, and are ignored. All other lines must have the format [type:] library version dependencies The library and version fields are whitespace-delimited, but the dependencies field extends to the end of the line. The type field is optional and normally not needed. The dependencies field has the same syntax as the Depends field in a binary control file, see deb-control(5). EXAMPLES
The shlibs file for a typical library package, named libcrunch1, that provides one library whose soname is libcrunch.so.1, might read libcrunch 1 libcrunch1 (>= 1.2-1) The dependencies must mention the most recent version of the package that added new symbols to the library: in the above example, new symbols were added to version 1.2 of libcrunch. This is not the only reason the dependencies might need to be tightened. SEE ALSO
deb-control(5), dpkg-shlibdeps(1), deb-symbols(5). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 deb-shlibs(5)