Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Future New Underground Membership Criteria Post 303028980 by RavinderSingh13 on Saturday 19th of January 2019 12:26:08 AM
Old 01-19-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Recently I did what I was hesitant to do for years, I purged all forum Underground (UG) members who had not been active within a certain period.
We need to change the UG membership criteria (from mod voting) and create a new criteria for UG membership which is not based on "voting" because mods are often busy and not inclined to vote on every member unless asked to vote. This is not really fair to member or moderators. So, I have a new TODO to make entry into the forum Underground based automatic based on a combination of various metrics, TBD.
I have not created the metrics yet, but it will be a combination of things like:
  • Number of Posts
  • Number of Thanks from Other Users
  • Number of Thanks Given to Other Users
  • Time a Member
  • Recent Activity
  • Infractions
  • Bug Hunter Team Badge
Basically, when a member has a certain number of posts, thanks and time as a member, no active mod infractions, and have reported a verified bug in the forums at least once, they will be automatically promoted to UG member with extra permissions, edit privileges, and other benefits, TBD.
When a UG member is inactive for a certain number of months, they will be automatically demoted back to the "Registered Users" group.
If anyone (including Ravinder, hint hint) would like to suggest the criteria for this automatic promotion to the UG, please reply with your suggested criteria.
Hello Neo,

Would like to add 2 more criteria here.

1- Number of ideas given by member(Or any useful ideas which are having nice impact for forums).
2- Making F.As volunteer basis also, if we could nominate people for F.A.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Membership

what is the meaning of the types of membership and when am i a full member:confused: :confused: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nigel
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Group membership limit

On Solaris, a user is limited to being a member of a maximum of 16 groups. Could someone tell me where this limit comes from, i.e. is it NIS, or Solaris, or NFS that is imposing this limit? What is the work-around to remove this limitation? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
4 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

monthly membership??

Hi, Do we have monthly membership (VIP) in our forum? if not, do we have any plans for it? Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies