Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Downloading and running Visual Studio Code Post 303028959 by Circuits on Friday 18th of January 2019 11:56:30 AM
Old 01-18-2019
Downloading and running Visual Studio Code

Ubuntu 16.04

I tried downloading the .deb package of Visual Studio Code from here but for some reason it won't open. From Activities Overview if I select the program it shows up in the task panel on the left but it just blinks a few times then goes away. I would rather not have to use snap every time I want to download a program that wasn't specifically designed for UNIX system. Is this some kind of settings problem or privileges problem that has a simple fix?

EDIT: I figured this out, sorry to waste anyone's time.

Last edited by Circuits; 01-18-2019 at 01:02 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Circuits For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Visual Studio .Net

How can I create and run a stand-alone console application in Visual Studio .Net ? (cpp-file)....... ...thanks for any help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
4 Replies

2. Programming

Looking for equal to Visual Studio for Unix

Hello all Im looking for IDE to edit / compile / debug similar to VC++ on windows I need it for verity of UNIX platforms, what do you think is the best tool to use And that its learning carve is easy ( as much as possible) . Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

3. Programming

Debug with VIsual Studio 6, cpp project

Hi, I"m trying to debug one project in VS6 this is cpp ,with source/headers/resource files. I need to start program from terminal with some parameters, e.g. c> feetcmd -a param1 -d param2, now this program going into the loop and the whole PC is frozen, I tried to do TASK_MANAGER/right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
6 Replies
ktorrent(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ktorrent(1)

NAME
ktorrent - a BitTorrent program for KDE. SYNOPSIS
ktorrent [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [Options] [URL] DESCRIPTION
KTorrent is a BitTorrent program for KDE. You can use it to download files from BitTorent network. Its features include speed capping (both down and up), integrated searching, UDP tracker support, UPnP support, IP blocking plugin, protocol encryption, file prioritization and much more. If you specify URL, KTorrent will load the torrent from the specified location and start downloading it. Options --silent Silently open torrent given on URL Generic options --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v, --version Show version information --license Show license information -- End of options AUTHORS
KTorrent was written by: Joris Guisson <joris.guisson@gmail.com> Ivan Vasic <ivasic@gmail.com> Alan Jones <skyphyr@gmail.com> Diego R. Brogna <dierbro@gmail.com> Krzysztof Kundzicz <athantor@gmail.com> FEBRUARY 2008 ktorrent(1)