Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Md0 raid don't see my folders Post 303028945 by tomislav91 on Friday 18th of January 2019 06:51:25 AM
Old 01-18-2019
I noticed something strange now. My md change number, look

Code:
 cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdb[0] sdc[1]
      1953383488 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
        resync=PENDING
      bitmap: 12/15 pages [48KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>

Code:
 sudo mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/md127
mke2fs 1.43.4 (31-Jan-2017)
/dev/md127 contains a ext4 file system
        last mounted on /mnt/md0 on Thu Oct 11 09:44:02 2018
Creating filesystem with 488345872 4k blocks and 122093568 inodes
Filesystem UUID: 5458e532-e0f1-4cf9-9cdd-d016d16c21fd
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
        32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632, 2654208,
        4096000, 7962624, 11239424, 20480000, 23887872, 71663616, 78675968,
        102400000, 214990848

Allocating group tables: done
Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (262144 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:
done

Maybe to wait no to finish sync?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please make sure to use [CODE] tags for data / output, not [QUOTE]!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-18-2019 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Changed [QUOTE] tags to [CODE].

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

RAID 5 mount points don't automount on boot

Hi, I set up a RAID 5 configuration and for some reason the volumes won't mount when the system boots. I have to manually mount them from the command line and all is fine. Here's the vfstab entries: #device device mount FS fsck mount mount #to mount ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bad magic number on /dev/md0

Hello All, (RHEL4) Few weeks ago I had posted a message in this forum about the problem I had when I replaced my two scsi disks and tried rebuild raid1 array. I somehow managed to up the system with working raid1 array. But the main problem persisted.. i.e when I reboot the system, mounting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravinandan
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple folders to local machine (don't know folder names)

Hi. I'm trying to copy multiple folders from the remote machine to the local machine. I wrote a batch file to run an ftp window. The problem I am having is that the only command to copy files is mget *, and this copies only files, not folders. For example, ftp ts555 cd ts555/test ' test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenyburger
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. Linux

If i don't have raid disks can i shut down dmraid device-mapper?

hello my centOS newly installed system loading dmraid modules on startup I did remove all LVM/raid things from system installation menus and after installation too but dmraid is still there and he says: no raid disks found also I did modprobe -r dm_raid45 and it do remove it but only until... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
7 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
DUMPE2FS(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  DUMPE2FS(8)

NAME
dumpe2fs - dump ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem information SYNOPSIS
dumpe2fs [ -bfghixV ] [ -o superblock=superblock ] [ -o blocksize=blocksize ] device DESCRIPTION
dumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device. Note: When used with a mounted filesystem, the printed information may be old or inconsistent. OPTIONS
-b print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem. -o superblock=superblock use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -o blocksize=blocksize use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -f force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect). -g display the group descriptor information in a machine readable colon-separated value format. The fields displayed are the group number; the number of the first block in the group; the superblock location (or -1 if not present); the range of blocks used by the group descriptors (or -1 if not present); the block bitmap location; the inode bitmap location; and the range of blocks used by the inode table. -h only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information. -i display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file. -x print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format -V print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit. BUGS
You need to know the physical filesystem structure to understand the output. AUTHOR
dumpe2fs was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
dumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
e2fsck(8), mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8). ext4(5) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 DUMPE2FS(8)